• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Looks like you have it fixed. While reading about the process and the difficulty with chambers makes it difficult to clean. We know that heat will help the process but my thought is if the pipe is standing up and you connected a compressed air line the bottom and allowed the air to bubble up through the the pipe gently so that the solution get agitated. Do you think that would help.
Possibly, but Berryman says you don't need heat or agitation. I think just letting it soak would be fine.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The canister cleaning was a great success! The GP61 made the Pilot Edge a beast! Unfortunately I only got one flight in. The rudder servo decided it only wanted to go right, not left.:( At first I thought it was a bad rudder cable until I landed and they were both still attached. At least it went mostly back to center so landing wasn't bad.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The canister cleaning was a great success! The GP61 made the Pilot Edge a beast! Unfortunately I only got one flight in. The rudder servo decided it only wanted to go right, not left.:( At first I thought it was a bad rudder cable until I landed and they were both still attached. At least it went mostly back to center so landing wasn't bad.
We all seem to be having rudder problems I blew my rudder clean off last week. Luckily it was still hanging on by the servo rod and did not jam the elevator. It is all back together and ready to fly, but it has been steady rain for last 5 days we needed it but not that much.

Well, I am bummed out. Had to put this airplane into my guest house. Will not be flying it any time soon. The left wing has a problem, meaning, the wing tube socket in the wing has come loose and it tore the covering on the bottom of the wing, only indicating a more ominous problem,. so for now, she is grounded. I need to build new wings. Maybe next year! too many projects right now.

IMG_2409.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Managed to put a 2nd airplane in the van today, inbetween numerous trips to the bathroom because of what I assume is food poisoning :oblong::confused::ugh:

Attachments

• 20161004_155931.jpg
    20161004_155931.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 226

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
We bagged half a wing for the Giles last night and have the other half in the Vacuum now.

We just had our kitchen remodeled. Actually one of the guys that use to work for us did the job and a nice job he did. He had a new type of sheetrock tape that I had never seen before. Its a fiberglass weave, 2 in wide and weights nothing. its sort of an open weave, if you pull on it in the straight direction it will not stretch but you can pull it from the side and it will come apart. It need to be cut with scissors. I did some testing with gorilla glue and epoxy and both materials penetrate through. Tested it on a piece of foam and we could not break it.

We use the material rather than carbon tow, The wing that came out of the bag this morning seems to be pretty strong with just the sheeting.

Al

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I replaced the Hitec 7955tg that went south on the rudder of my Edge and now I working on a new charger case. My old case was great, but way too big and heavy. We always joke at the field that I could leave it on the tailgate, drive off and have it fall off in the highway and get hit by a car without damaging it. Those Pelican cases are built to last!;)

The new case is a lot smaller, so i had to angle my power supplies to make it all fit. I can't say I like it, but it will work. I still need to build a deck to cover the power supplies. I think I'll work on that tonight if I ever get done here at work. I'm watching paint dry at the moment.

Attachments

• 20161003_162420_resized.jpg
    20161003_162420_resized.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 20161004_213902_resized.jpg
    20161004_213902_resized.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 225