• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Your wings are really looking good !! I just rebuilt a set of wings for an old 50 cc Wildhare Cap that a guy gave me & remade about 25 ribs & leading edges, ha !!
I still have to sand a bit more & recover them ! Some repair work also had to be done on one fuse side !
DSCF2820.JPG
DSCF2837.JPG

Here are some before & after pics. !

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Your wings are really looking good !! I just rebuilt a set of wings for an old 50 cc Wildhare Cap that a guy gave me & remade about 25 ribs & leading edges, ha !!
I still have to sand a bit more & recover them ! Some repair work also had to be done on one fuse side !View attachment 92438 View attachment 92439
Wow! Nicely done. Very impressive and a great save from the very certain cold and icy clutches of the airplane grime reaper.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I still have to sand a bit more & recover them ! Some repair work also had to be done on one fuse side !View attachment 92438 View attachment 92439
Nicely done looks a lot better than before. Looks good smooth the joints look good too now all it needs is some covering and they're ready for the spring.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just the little pieces left now.

View attachment 92453
I see you have Stits on the bench are you going to cover the plane with Stits. My last 5 or 6 planes have been Stits. This is the first time in about 5 years that I am covering a plane with Ultracoat and I am have some difficulties with it the first coat is easy but putting the second layer of striping etc is giving me some problems. If I had my choice I would Stits the plane.