• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Hey Guys,

The Motrolfly are top quality. In the largest size, 5335 I found it a little heavy, but it runs great and I push it past its limits! I have pushed it way over temp and it keeps cranking.

For charging I use a deep cycle battery and FMA 10XP's for up to 6S 4000's. But the Honda 2000 is what I keep in my trailer now. I also got an iCharger setup from Progressive RC, so I can really pump the juice in the batteries.

My current 93" Laser with 5335 peaks around 130amps (but I think the Castle 160HV is holding it back). I use the Powerpoles for everything, but I am going to try RC Proplus connector, suggested by a Heli Pilot (and New IMAC Guys) Ryan Wichey.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

WMcNabb

150cc
Received a package in the mail today with graphics for the Staggerwing recover. Photos of them along with a sneak peak at the concept.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WMcNabb

150cc
Hope you are going to paint the plane because I have seen black plastic covered planes stand in the sun it does not look good for long. The plane will look great black always looks good.

Definitely will be painted. Ordered materials this past weekend. I've stripped the monokote and will recover with Stits. Slight modification to the scheme - dark blue base color, with white stripes and registration numbers, outlined in deep red.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not really my project... but will be installed on the gasserized trainer. My buddy is now making skis as we are buried in snow. Lol. These will go on the kids' trainer. He is also making me a set for the H9 Cessna. If I can't have warmth and sunshine to fly...I'll fly from the frozen desert. So there mother nature. Ya ain't gonna pull my wings!
20170116_193231.jpg
20170116_193215.jpg

My friend did say he would custom make these for any one who wants them.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

IMG_6914.JPG

The more and more I have gotten into wood working the more I realize how bad all the dust is for our lungs. To help combat it I had been using just a standard respirator for a while. Recently this one with a full face mask was gonna be tossed at work because it was out of date. I grabbed it and figured it would be perfect for the shop as now I don't need to locate my safety glasses anymore which quite honestly safety glasses don't do much when you wear a respirator. May look funny but I spent three hours in the shop today working on cutting some short kits and some other shop projects and it's nice to not be rubbing my eyes and coughing a lung up the rest of the evening.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1464.JPG
I think I have discovered some thing "Do NOT go to your LHS " when you have kind of finished off a plane". While in the LHS I met the owner cleaning up he is not there very often because his 2 sone run the store now and he is semi retired. He picked this kit and we both looked at and I said that is one nice kit and the designer is one of the best, he looked at me said do you want it, give you a great deal . I said no I have enough right now. He looked at me and said a price. Well the rest is history.

Last edited:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I like my 88" edge so much I got me a baby version. Pretty much everything EF recommends for it. Can't wait to fly it. Also it doesn't come with wing bags so I used my stab bags from the 88" for the 48" and they fit perfectly.

View attachment 92907
View attachment 92908 View attachment 92909
I have been looking for a used 88" EF Edge and it is like hunting for hen's teeth. I posted a wanted ad on FG and only had one bite and that one was in Tennessee. I would love to round out my fleet with the Edge. I currently have the EF Extra 300 104", EF Extra 300 88", Hangar 9 35% Extra 260 105", and an Extra 300L. So you can see I MUST get the Edge. I have a DA 60 on the bench waiting and ready for it. :D

kwj48

70cc twin V2
I have been looking for a used 88" EF Edge and it is like hunting for hen's teeth. I posted a wanted ad on FG and only had one bite and that one was in Tennessee. I would love to round out my fleet with the Edge. I currently have the EF Extra 300 104", EF Extra 300 88", Hangar 9 35% Extra 260 105", and an Extra 300L. So you can see I MUST get the Edge. I have a DA 60 on the bench waiting and ready for it. :D

Just go ahead and bite the bullet and buy a new one from EF. You won't regret it.