• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1580.JPG
Hey @Snoopy1,

What size Super Sportster is this? It looks like a 60 size. Keep up the great work. :way_to_go:

I believe it to be a 60 size that it what is on the box. But if you look at the picture this taken next to an old float plane that was converted to a standard plane with wheels. This is 46 size plane for sure. You be the judge.
It's an old float plane that was converted for two reasons it goes on to skies in winter for snow flying and if any of my better planes do something that I can not explain all the gear gets installed into this plane and flown the hell out of it for a number of flights to see if all the gear is working as it should, or when I send something in to be checked and it comes back and they could not find anything it goes into this plane for a while until I am comfortable with it.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes @Snoopy1, I believe you're right. It looks like a 46 size plane to me too. But what's odd is that your 120 doesn't look totally out of proportion in the picture a page or two back. IMHO, if it is a 46 size, I feel a little smaller engine would be in order or you're going to have to put a pound of lead in the tail to balance it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Checked wing span it is a 60 size Sportster but it sure looks smaller next to the 46 size float plane. Will continue to mussel the 120 into it, it is the only engine I have that is available to go in. @HRRC Flyer you are correct it my need some weight in the back but I did move the engine firewall back 1-5/8 inches back so hopefully that will help the situation.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Worked on the Edge some more today. Got an Extreme Flight 100cc tailwheel to try out, EF Xccessory 2" arms, extensions, and a 34oz tank. Also glued in the elevator horns and bolted on the linkages. I have a pack of DuBro green ball links around here somewhere that I am going to use instead of the PRC ball links, just need to find them......

17883831_10213546670808060_1414956342669230194_n.jpg

17862298_10213546670928063_4193920217884916910_n.jpg