• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Gentleman need some advice need a header and canister for my DA85 . Which one would you gentleman recommend. I have looked at MTW and KS both seem to be good have one MTW in a plane but have not flown it yet your help and recommendations are needed thanks.
I've use both brands and liked them both. And don't forget ProFlow too.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Gentleman need some advice need a header and canister for my DA85 . Which one would you gentleman recommend. I have looked at MTW and KS both seem to be good have one MTW in a plane but have not flown it yet your help and recommendations are needed thanks.

I too have used both KS and MTW. I've also used Proflow, 3w, Greeves tuned pipes, and Dave Sullivan's smooth pipes. Of all that I've tried thus far, I think I like the MTW the best on DLE engines. I didnt like the Proflows or Smooth Pipes on my 170. Went back to the KS. Here's one for you. The absolute best bang for the buck was a 46 dollar Hobby King canister i bought for my RCG 50 and DLE 55. They both turned 7300 on the ground with a Falcon 23x8 and sounded really good. Personally if i were thinking canister for the 85, I think I would go MTW. Don't know if that helps you. Just what I would probably do.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I got this fancy little device in the mail yesterday....

20170710_130205[14087].jpg

20170710_125419.jpg

This thing is amazingly high quality, the board inside is perfectly clean, evident that the thing is made here in the USA and not sourced overseas.

20170710_115513.jpg

And, a little foam pad came with it too!

20170710_125251.jpg

Looking forward to using it more :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I got this fancy little device in the mail yesterday....

View attachment 97425

View attachment 97424

This thing is amazingly high quality, the board inside is perfectly clean, evident that the thing is made here in the USA and not sourced overseas.

View attachment 97426

And, a little foam pad came with it too!

View attachment 97427

Looking forward to using it more :)
Hmmmm..... I am still leary. Guess this means I am an old dog that doesn't want to learn new tricks. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No photos, but quite a bit of progress on the Edge. Checked, double checked and triple checked the thrust angles on the Edge. They are definitely spot on and I even added an extra washer/wafer to bring the 111 out another 1/16" for clearance for the spinner back plate. All that is left is to put her back on the balance stands and set it up for the way I like to fly.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hmmmm..... I am still leary. Guess this means I am an old dog that doesn't want to learn new tricks. LOL

It's a neat little device, super easy to use, makes SmartFly, PowerBox, etc. look like ancient technology. You literally don't have to touch any setting in your transmitter (sans dual rate and expo), this device does everything for you including matching your servos on a 1536 point curve.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It's a neat little device, super easy to use, makes SmartFly, PowerBox, etc. look like ancient technology. You literally don't have to touch any setting in your transmitter (sans dual rate and expo), this device does everything for you including matching your servos on a 1536 point curve.
Well ancient technology or not, I have never lost a plane due to power issues or power distribution. I do like the smart fly. Plus I really like doing the programming thingy. Lol