• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Third row from left. 7.4 volts
The biggest problem with his test is they are not being done with regulated voltage, straight from a 2 or 3 cell Li-Po. Without a constant regulated voltage I really don't think it is very accurate or dependable. But that is just my opinion.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The biggest problem with his test is they are not being done with regulated voltage, straight from a 2 or 3 cell Li-Po. Without a constant regulated voltage I really don't think it is very accurate or dependable. But that is just my opinion.
I agree with you that is why I said I will not defend it but it is still some interesting info. Only thing is that they were all tested under the same conditions.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Going to wrap my new laminated work table with stained and varnished oak.

Attachments

• 20180204_110153.jpg
    20180204_110153.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 259

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
And we need a build thread done on this 1/3 scale cub. Not enough build threads going currently.
Hi balsadust if my memory serves me Wright you were building a 20 cc profile plane that was going to be finished really quick. Did I miss the end or what happened to it I was very interested in the plane and was going to try to twist your arm for info and help on that plane or just the cut parts what happened.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Going to wrap my new laminated work table with stained and varnished oak.
If you are building a laminated workbench be careful I have done a couple and believe me it is very difficult to do. The trick is to keep them flat and true over the years, and that proved to be very difficult. The last one I built was 30 inch wide and 90 inches long and it was the third and last one. Worked out to be the best but still would not stay flat enough to build wings on. Just to let you know what my last attempt was. It was made up of oak, maple and white ash. And was cut into 6 by 2 inch ( it was actually 6 1/2 by 2 3/8) strips 90 inches long. It was then glued on the vertical so the table was 6 inches deep. Then every 12 inches a 1 inch hole drilled across the table and 8 threaded tie rods were installed and bolted together. And a cap strip glued all the way around. Then left to dry for several months, plained flat and true. Then sealed on all sides and set on a floating base. Looked like a million bucks also the cost and you could not lift it but it started to move around after a number of years.

Last edited: