• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Doing some assembly as parts get covered on the 50cc profile and found one the rudder and the elevator are not clearing one another as they should. The elevator is restricting the rudder travel. Will leave it for the moment and see if the plane can do a good knife edge loop. If not then the elevator is going to be trimmed to give the rudder more throw. If the elevator was not covered it would have been done right-away but it is covered so we see how well it works. Funny how things go, I am already saying well if I build another one I would do this and that. The second one will be lighter stronger, what I should do is start making a list for the next one. Or not.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Boy you gentleman are in to food. I have to tel you I was invited down to Alabama once to help at a steel mill. The gentleman from the plant were kind enough to take me to special pig roasting restaurant. They a had a big and I mean big barbecue outside that they were using to cook pigs in, all different cuts and ways. I had a little of everything it must have been one of the best feasts I have had the pleasure of eating. They were telling me you really have to know were to find these types of restaurants. I have never been able to find another in my travels. But would like to repeat that one again with my wife one day.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Any of the older (50+) from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and even Texas could whip you up a feast of that sort at a moment's notice. Around where I live probably 50% have gardens, pork running around, and put on these type's of feast regularly. I know when we have a garden going we do, but, we are currently out of everything as we have been to busy to tend to anything of the such. We do plan to get back at it again by end of May maybe. Like Hank say's "the pigs in the ground, got some beer on ice, all my (use to be) rowdy friends are coming over tonight.....use to be a regular Friday or Saturday event.
You haven't tasted corn until you take it off the stalk, make an opening at the end just big enough to stick a square of (real) butter in, close it back up, wrap in aluminum foil, toss on an open fire for ten minute's!...Mmm, Mmmm......
Damn, I'm getting hungry.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got my mind off food just long enough to get the Cub gear as it was and started working on the damaged cowl (again :face-palm:).

Went ahead and pulled the dummy continental ( needed repair too) and getting ready to paint and install the cooling shrouds.

0416181819-01.jpg 0416181820-00.jpg 0416181817-00.jpg 0416181818-00.jpg 0416181819-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Any of the older (50+) from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and even Texas could whip you up a feast of that sort at a moment's notice. Around where I live probably 50% have gardens, pork running around, and put on these type's of feast regularly. I know when we have a garden going we do, but, we are currently out of everything as we have been to busy to tend to anything of the such. We do plan to get back at it again by end of May maybe. Like Hank say's "the pigs in the ground, got some beer on ice, all my (use to be) rowdy friends are coming over tonight.....use to be a regular Friday or Saturday event.
You haven't tasted corn until you take it off the stalk, make an opening at the end just big enough to stick a square of (real) butter in, close it back up, wrap in aluminum foil, toss on an open fire for ten minute's!...Mmm, Mmmm......
Damn, I'm getting hungry.
Doing corn like looks interesting will have try that when corn is in season. Thanks.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
They get the name snaps from when you are processing fresh ones. you break the ends off and then break them into the size pieces you want and they make a nice "SNAP" sound when they break.
I know that sound but never heard them called that, learnt something again.