Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Very nice!

One of these days I’m going to order a Katzkin leather kit for my Tacoma and try my hand at reupholstery. But I figured I might as well wait till the fabric seats start to look grubby. Only have 8000 miles on it so they still look good.

2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Ok Mike and Rob........What can U2 do about this then ??? :laughing:.

IMG_2339 - Copy.jpg

Jetpainter likes this.
  3. That’s an easy fix. :D

0A34C87D-38E8-41BF-8C6B-11633BE7BCB9.jpeg 61F160C7-C657-4666-BA35-9876E074A573.jpeg

Alky6, dhal22, Jetpainter and 4 others like this.
  4. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Alky6, pawnshopmike and 49dimes like this.
  5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

I was surprised at the cost most shops wanted to do what I did. It cost me 61.00 for the o.e.m. GM cover and no shipping. Every upholstery shop I talked to wanted in the neighborhood of 300 to 380 dollars. Well that is just plain highway robbery if you ask me. I can only imagine what they would have quoted me on the fully electric 12 way adjustable lumbar leather driver seat. Ugh. It's like when they hear electric...everything goes up exponentially. Doah!

6. I know what you mean. I can buy the complete Katzkin kit for my truck off ebay for less than $600.oo. If I go to a certified Katzkin dealer and have them install it, it's about $2500.00 to $3000.00.

For whatever reason, I couldn't get factory leather with a manual transmission. :mad:

Jetpainter likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Just happy to see someone choose a manual transmission.

Alky6, dhal22, 49dimes and 3 others like this.
  8. I can't stand automatics. Even my wife and daughter drive manuals. And they wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Alky6 and stangflyer like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well went flying again to day and just another good day at the field. The only thing after a few flights the Pro260 just did not feel right. While moving it around to fuel up I noticed that the rudder was not right so after doing some checking all the hinges had failed except one. Those dam flat plastic hinges are junk. Just trying to figure out wat to use on the rudder when it only a 1/4 inch thick.
    6C9913BD-69AC-4A8B-9AA1-A0178D446987.jpeg

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Our family is the same way but it is getting difficult to buy a manual in a car, looked at several cars lately and the only thing you get are automatics.

dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.