• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here is an upcoming workshop project. My 94 year old father dropped something on Miss Moana and poked a hole in the painted Solartex covering on the left elevator.

View attachment 104780
It'll buff right out. LOL. I am betting he feels as badly about it happening as you are going to feel about fixing it. We all know accidents happen. Lord knows I have made one.... Hee hee…. ok, two. I know you will do an awesome repair Doug.

WMcNabb

150cc
Fun with electronics. Picked up the new to me Python two weeks ago, and now making it mine. When first powered up, one of the elevator servos was dead. The seller generously sent two replacements which arrived yesterday. With both elevator servos changed, then the old batteries, switches and wiring were replaced with a Spektrum Powersafe receiver and new A123s from TDRC. The rest of the night was all about fiddling with adjustments and programming. Today’s efforts will focus on making the wiring tidy and addressing a few other odds and ends. Next weekend, attention will be on the fuel system, once parts arrive from Jersey Modeler. Slowly making progress.

56BAC24B-5975-47AA-836B-D976E40F75FA.jpeg A0A19B7D-D151-4536-BEB7-22AD34856CE0.jpeg CD1CB918-6417-4785-A000-ABBD68AACF5E.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Fun with electronics. Picked up the new to me Python two weeks ago, and now making it mine. When first powered up, one of the elevator servos was dead. The seller generously sent two replacements which arrived yesterday. With both elevator servos changed, then the old batteries, switches and wiring were replaced with a Spektrum Powersafe receiver and new A123s from TDRC. The rest of the night was all about fiddling with adjustments and programming. Today’s efforts will focus on making the wiring tidy and addressing a few other odds and ends. Next weekend, attention will be on the fuel system, once parts arrive from Jersey Modeler. Slowly making progress.

View attachment 104785 View attachment 104784 View attachment 104783
Looks like a nice plane. Yes it always best to strip and make it your own. Takes a little time but it always works out for the better. Take your time and enjoy it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Note to @BalsaDust I need your help please, I did my 20cc Edge in yesterday. I wonder if you have by any chance a Cad-drawing of a 20cc profile plane, that you can send me. Would like to build a 20cc profile from the left over parts.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

View attachment 104785 View attachment 104784 View attachment 104783
Whew hoo! Nice lil plane. I'm really excited for you. Heck with the weather giving us a bit of a reprieve, you'll be able to blast off and not sweat till ya melt. Sho 'nough you'll be sweatin' the maiden. I always do. Even when its 29 degrees out.
hearty-laugh.gif

Keep us posted!

BalsaDust

Note to @BalsaDust I need your help please, I did my 20cc Edge in yesterday. I wonder if you have by any chance a Cad-drawing of a 20cc profile plane, that you can send me. Would like to build a 20cc profile from the left over parts.

I have my Giles plans but I never finished it to fly. Also I have the edge plans I did at 44” span and 56” span. I could just scale it up to 20cc size. You would have to adjust stick sizes and all though. I had planned to draw that edge at 20cc size at some point but just haven’t gotten to it yet.

I also have a set of sbach and mojo plans in 20cc but they aren’t my plans and are in pdf. I have flown both and they fly awesome. Sbach needs to be built a little diff to cut weight but my mojo I had with a 20cc on it weighed 6-1/2lbs. Was stupid over powered.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have my Giles plans but I never finished it to fly. Also I have the edge plans I did at 44” span and 56” span. I could just scale it up to 20cc size. You would have to adjust stick sizes and all though. I had planned to draw that edge at 20cc size at some point but just haven’t gotten to it yet.

I also have a set of sbach and mojo plans in 20cc but they aren’t my plans and are in pdf. I have flown both and they fly awesome. Sbach needs to be built a little diff to cut weight but my mojo I had with a 20cc on it weighed 6-1/2lbs. Was stupid over powered.
You have given me to many choices. Never built a 20cc profile so I am depending on you. If you were going to build a new 20 cc profile for your self what would you do. Do not mind which one you recommend, if I have adjust the drawing a little or the stick size as long as you give some direction I will be more than pleased. Thanks for taking the time it is appreciated. Not keen on a PDF difficult to print to scale unless I am missing something.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well been busy in the shop got everything cleaned up from the Demise of the Edge. Will never know I Owen one except for the partial fuselage hanging in shop. Rebuilt the engine today stripped it down washed it with diesel and reassembled the motor. Put a new spark plug cap on the ignition. Made a new choke arm for the carburetor and it should be ready to go. Installed it on the test stand and fired it up tuned it and it ready to go again. Just like new. The only thing I could not fix is there is a dent in the muffler. Will have think about that one, but if I build a 20cc profile for the motor and the rest of the parts the muffler will have to different so when the time comes I will order a new from J-Tec.
122938A8-F59E-4233-BD44-67F1B94FD3A8.jpeg