• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Dude... you make me want to get lights for my Twisted Edge Foamy. Any chance I can have you teach me how to set them up?

It's pretty simple. Key is having a small electronic switch to turn them on or off or even flash on off. For the wings I made some small wood mounts (thick ca) glued to the wing and used small socket head servo screws and small nylon washers (shims) to mount. For the stabs I just hot glued the light rings on.
Lots of individual wires (12) two for each light bar/ring. May be a bit much weight for smaller profile foam planes. When mounting everything double check the CG for it may change a bit. I also just hot glued the electronic switch on to the ESC to make a compact unit I shoved inside the battery compartment .
0923180414-00.jpg
0924181308-00.jpg
0924181310-00.jpg
0924181312-00.jpg
0923180358-00.jpg
0923180359-00.jpg
0923180402-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I have to say the weather has really turned cold and I have turned the heating on today. And I have removed the stabilizerof the Stick 150 and moved down to the workshop. It will clean the plane and remove batteries and check it over and fix or repair what ever is needed. In the next week or so.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok so now I get it the 157cs is getting dumped for 170cs. Not nice of you.

In the immortal words of ZZ Top, "But how could one be so thoughtless to try And handle less than two?";)
Well, not exactly 100% accurate. The 157 is not getting dumped so to speak. You have to remember the big 330 is a very big plane. Nearly as big as my Behemoth Yak. In fact, it is a few inches longer than the yak. Overall size it is a monster. That being said it also comes in Flight ready about 46 Pounds. About 5 to 6 pounds just shy of the Behemoth Yak. Don't get me wrong, the 157 flies the big Extra really well and it has good performance. However not as good as what I was really hoping for. Dressed up the way that I have it done it really needs the performance of a bigger more powerful engine. That is where the 170 CS comes in. The 157 is more at home on a 40 pound plane. On the old 260, she was a beast. So I will be in search of a more appropriately sized airframe for the 157. So is it getting dumped? Never not ever not in a million years ever. It will have to be pried from my cold dead rotting fingers Before I Let It Go.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tail Anchor.

Come on Fellas, get your minds out of the gutter. . . . . . . . :lol2:. The mail man dropped off the Sullivan Tail Anchor I ordered last week.

Tail Restraint.jpg

It's a very well made unit that I really like for the most part. I may need to do something with that black post to make it longer, but I will use it some to see how it works.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tail Anchor.

Come on Fellas, get your minds out of the gutter. . . . . . . . :lol2:. The mail man dropped off the Sullivan Tail Anchor I ordered last week.

View attachment 105746
It's a very well made unit that I really like for the most part. I may need to do something with that black post to make it longer, but I will use it some to see how it works.
David, when you get it out of the package, could you post a few pics of the mechanism that lets the posts fold down.?