• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I cleaned my workroom...took two days and I'm still not done!
When you get done with yours....you are welcome to come clean mine. I just keep looking at what needs to be done and hoping the "cleaning" fairies will stop by for a visit. Ain't happened yet. LOL. Doah!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think I have an exhaust leak. . .
Ha ha ha. I flew it really hard the last couple days.73” laser needs some TLC.
6792DB07-ECFB-4DEE-AB75-2CD967E00788.jpeg FEB05351-CAE7-4AF2-89A1-C333F82789F4.jpeg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Switched gears (so to speak) this weekend and fixed up my beater rig. Has an entirely new exhaust (not manifolds) and ignition components. Of course I fix 10 things and 5 more pop up like ball joints, wheel bearings, and the fan clutch won't disengage :rolleyes: The joys of owning a Jeep... :cautious:

44943461_10218661676079995_2071954749724295168_n.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@Xpress That link was no good for some reason.
@acerc I think the permatex did it's job mostly after about a year i peeled off 3/4 of it, the muffler is pretty soft aluminum in my opinion. I think the vibration may have let the DA and the nordlocks wear into it thus making it loose. To be a testament to the nordlocks, I put my allen wrench to the muff bolts and could start to loosen them with just twisting my fingers after a little breaking action. The permatex on the bolts may have helped a lot too. I'm confident without the rtv and nordlocks the muff would have been in the bottom of the cowl.
Eitherway, A little preventive maintenance was neglected on my part. obviously I should have caught that sooner.