Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Are you planning to run for public office? o_O

stangflyer, AKNick, Xpress and 4 others like this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

These Ratio Rite's are nice too. Makes mixing different amounts a breeze. Plus the lid keeps it clean.

50516193-8e3d-465a-b2a3-d9d096e39a44_1.f60f59faeda0ac68f01a6f384c08b1ae.jpeg

Alky6, stangflyer, AKNick and 3 others like this.
  3. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Only if I can get @stangflyer to team up with me. I could use his technique of sugar coating a description into making anyone want whatever he is describing. But really... car salesman level 1000 LOL

HRRC Flyer, Snoopy1, dhal22 and 4 others like this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    I think I need one of these in my life. Thanks

5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

My buddie here gave me one of these about 4 years ago. Never used it. I'm sure I will eventually. Super nice really. I usually fill my 5 gallon gas can, one full bottle of Redline, instant 40:1 mix. Done!
    double-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

6. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Not all of us go through five gallons quick enough to justify mixing an entire five gallons. Wish I did though. Lol.

Luchnia, dhal22, pawnshopmike and 4 others like this.
  7. stangflyer

Good point.

Jetpainter likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Well with the snow on the ground it was time to to get the winter plane ready for the winter. Got the three skies installed on the plane and the engine covered up so that it can operate properly.

C6939EC5-0090-4200-8946-F9C01F4DDE5A.jpeg 5D5AE2EE-5402-4928-81EA-04ABA0C816D2.jpeg A35B650F-FCA7-4647-A2CE-916365732ED9.jpeg

Luchnia, Alky6, stangflyer and 3 others like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

The nasty fuel we get around here would turn bad before I could use 5 gallons. This year I flew the DA120 more than my smaller engines, so I did go through more fuel than I normally do, even though I didn't get that many flights in. I just checked, another miserable year in numbers of flights. 41 total gas airplane flights.......... pitiful, but it was fun.;)
    Only one on Miss Moana:msn_slap:

10. stangflyer

I know the feeling. Yes, as a general rule I will usually burn between 15 to 20 gallons of fuel during the summer months. I am ashamed to admit that I have burned just shy of ten thus far. Far too many hours at work, and far too many projects this year. That is why I am doing "ONE" build for the next year. And my boss doesn't know it yet, but this good ole' boy is going to work less and play more the upcoming year. PERIOD! And sadly, only a hand full of flights on the Behemoth Yak (2). I get your dismay Doug.