• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Bought this 30cc slick 540 a little while back. So I am working on it to get ready to fly some time this summer no hurry have enough planes for the season. While looking at it I thought I would do a very rough balance check just to see how it looks. Well placed everything on the plane as best as I can and used a lot of tape, but got there eventually. Well ended up with everything taped to the motor mount in front and I mean everything and I still had put 10 oz of weight on the nose to balance. Not good. So changed from the 30 to a 50cc and a canister. The 50 and the canister is about 16 oz heavier. This will allow me to place some of the stuff further back in to the fuselage.
Did a quick check to see how well the canister will fit. Well the plane needs the first 5 bulkheads modified and then reinforced to accommodate the canister. And new supporters made. So start these changes today. Man it would be nice if they would sell these kits to us not built. Just give us all the parts covering and what ever else. Or do some small sub assembles eg stabilizers, motor box wings and rudder. Ok stoped complaining.

JAG

70cc twin V2
Nice! Don't see many bipe slabs. And that's a badass scheme.:yesss:

Thanks, the scheme turned out pretty good. I'm pretty happy with it. Although I was told not to go with black since I'll hate it in the summer, I did anyway. I cant take credit for the scheme. I found it online and just copied it. I'm not very creative on coming up with designs.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
No pictures yet busy making canister mounting plates. Will have to cut out some bulkheads and cut open the bottom of the fuselage to get my hands into the fuselage to make the changes. Man it is hard to take a blade to the bottom of the plane to cut it open when it is all nicely finished, but I have no option.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1556.JPG
Well got all the parts made up to support the canister. No more excuses to postpone to cut the bottom of the fuselage out.
Next make a layout to make sure where the canister sticks out of the bottom of the fuselage.

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I got all the hinging done on the Viper. I am glad that is out of the way! Very time consuming and kinda messy,even when you try to be as careful as you can.

Attachments

• 2017-03-04 17.05.09.jpg
    2017-03-04 17.05.09.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 2017-03-04 20.19.21.jpg
    2017-03-04 20.19.21.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 240

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I got all the hinging done on the Viper. I am glad that is out of the way! Very time consuming and kinda messy,even when you try to be as careful as you can.

Hi how are you doing , have not worked on my ViperST for a while. Put a couple of ARF together and with older radio gear that I had laying around. The Viper is essentially built just need to paint the cowl and pants. Get some radio gear and put it all together. Hope to get some good deals at JoeNall.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ready to do all kinds of work on the plane and then the lights went out. It has been out for about 7 hours and have not come back on yet, going to have figure something out to keep the house warm and the freezer cold.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the engine mounted and the holes drilled for the throttle and the choke in the firewall. Made a new arm to fit on the choke. The dam little thing that DA puts on the choke is a pain, to short and the hole to big. Now I have to build some choke mechanism in the fuselage to operate the choke, and get the throttle servo worked out.