Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

throttle sensitivity on a dx8

Discussion in 'Radio Programming Questions' started by wedoitall, Nov 20, 2012.

1. is there anyway to make the throttle just alil bit more sensitive on my dx8? when i was trying to hover today, finger pinch'n, it seemed like i had to move the throttle alot to increase throttle. i guess you call it throttle travel on the Tx. now if i used just thumbs on the left stick, it didnt seem as bad.
    something like expo for throttle or something. hope this makes sense.

2. Steve_B

Steve_B 70cc twin V2

You can use the throttle curve function to add any response curve you like to the throttle. The usual way to do it is to use a 'reverse exponential' like curve so as to give a more proportional power response to stick travel. A standard linear curve on throttle results in most of your available power is concentrated into the last 25% of the stick travel. This means that for the most of the travel the throttle response is very 'soft' then suddenly the power comes in with a rush in the last part of the stick movement.

AFAIK if it seams easier to use thumbs then use them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  3. i thought i may be able to set up like a negative expo or something. will have to read my manual on how to do that. still new to the dx8 , which im really dig'n atm. i got me a transmitter tray and flying with pinch'd fingers on the right stick is the way for me. now on the left, idk yet. but if i set it up like you say, then maybe pinch'd will work better. thanks for the help