• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

throttle sensitivity on a dx8

wedoitall

is there anyway to make the throttle just alil bit more sensitive on my dx8? when i was trying to hover today, finger pinch'n, it seemed like i had to move the throttle alot to increase throttle. i guess you call it throttle travel on the Tx. now if i used just thumbs on the left stick, it didnt seem as bad.
something like expo for throttle or something. hope this makes sense.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
You can use the throttle curve function to add any response curve you like to the throttle. The usual way to do it is to use a 'reverse exponential' like curve so as to give a more proportional power response to stick travel. A standard linear curve on throttle results in most of your available power is concentrated into the last 25% of the stick travel. This means that for the most of the travel the throttle response is very 'soft' then suddenly the power comes in with a rush in the last part of the stick movement.

AFAIK if it seams easier to use thumbs then use them.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

i thought i may be able to set up like a negative expo or something. will have to read my manual on how to do that. still new to the dx8 , which im really dig'n atm. i got me a transmitter tray and flying with pinch'd fingers on the right stick is the way for me. now on the left, idk yet. but if i set it up like you say, then maybe pinch'd will work better. thanks for the help