• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

To drain or not?

aarestor

70cc twin V2
When I know the car is going to sit for more than a month or so we will add 110 octane race gas as a stabilizer. Race gas never goes bad as I have had some race cars sit for 10 years or more and start up with no problems.

kwj48

70cc twin V2
I have never ran my gas engines dry only nitros. I use to drain my gas tanks but the tygon seemed harden quicker so I stopped draining my tanks and switched to Viton line in the tanks. I just leave the 1/4 or so tank of gas in there at the end of the day. So far I have only been flying twice this year and haven't had any starting issues. Both times were about a month or so apart. I'm using 93 octane ethanol free gas too.

Quite a lot of good info here. I drain my tanks for odor control but never run my engines dry. The bit of leftover fuel in the system seems to keep all the rubber parts happy. Viton or Fluorosilicone clunks never harden. Very few if any carb problems but our local fuels seem better than some in other parts of the country about causing fuel system problems.

Classic cars and outboards get summer blend, 93 octane, non-ethanol fuels with zero problems. I never use fuel stabilizers as I have seen them cause problems in the past.

Summer blend fuels are far better then winter blends due to the highly volatile nature of winter blends.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I never drain.
Always keep about a quoter in the tank.
When I come to the field I just kill switch the ignition put the throttle on full flips the prop 3 times then I turn on the ignition put the choke on throttle on idle and start the engine in the same method you all do.
Works like a charm friends. Try it....

yakken

100cc
I always run them dry. I guess its just a habit. Never really had a starting issue. It might take a couple more flips but always starts.