• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Too early to add BRBR to my block list

BalsaDust

SleepyC;2325 wrote: Just report the troll posts and PLEASE do not feed the trolls.

We have no intension of being moderation nazi's, but I'm also not going to let a few guys ruin a site.

It's our house, if you crap on the floor too many times your welcome will be revoked. Simple as that.

Opinions are fine and people can have different ones, but being civil and nice to one another while giving your opinion is what we expect here.

Common sense human decency... really not that hard.

Well said sleepy.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
PM's with the offending members names will be helpful. You can also flag an offensive post by clicking on the triangle in the lower right corner of the post which will submit a report.

Good posts should be credited by clicking the little sheriff's badge on the lower left corner of the post.

bart

Zeeb

30cc
Bartman;3960 wrote: PM's with the offending members names will be helpful. You can also flag an offensive post by clicking on the triangle in the lower right corner of the post which will submit a report.

Good posts should be credited by clicking the little sheriff's badge on the lower left corner of the post.

bart

Couldn't find a triangle in the lower right corner, but did find one in the lower left corner. Could this be the one you meant? ;)

Zeeb;11530 wrote: Couldn't find a triangle in the lower right corner, but did find one in the lower left corner. Could this be the one you meant? ;)

Yep. Left, right, it's all the same to our forum overlords...

mndless

Don't know a thing..
For those of us who have not stink'n idea what a 'troll' is in this environment... what the heck ??? Give me some examples so I'll know one when I see one ....

mndless;11608 wrote: For those of us who have not stink'n idea what a 'troll' is in this environment... what the heck ??? Give me some examples so I'll know one when I see one ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."