• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys/RC Factory 48" EPP Sbach - Build and Discussion Thread

Gravity Cheat

New to GSN!
Hey Guys,

Well, it's here! The 48 3/4" SBach 342 from RC Factory just cleared customs and will be shipping shortly. It is one of the newest offerings from Twisted Hobby’s, the only US importer of the RC Factory EPP designs . The 342 was designed by Jan Sedlacek and the RCF team. Jan is the current Czech F5D champion and is a long time F3A competitor. The plane is modeled after the RS 352 SBach, German designed aerobatic plane. The 342 is a follow up to the smaller 1m or 39†RCF planes such as the Flash, Yak and the SU-29. The 342 is for Extreme and 3D aerobatics, offers smooth pattern performance and can be an ideal 3D trainer. This one should be fun!

I have been eagerly anticipating its arrival ever since Brad from Twisted Hobby’s asked me if I would do the build thread. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. I have been a fan of the TH product since day one when Brad developed and started selling the Yedge , Vector, Slick and now the Crack series and the Telinks and RCF product. I think the Yedge came out about 4 years ago now . Time fly’s when you’re flying the best EPP out there.

gyro

GSN Contributor
oh wow! I didn't even know about THIS one... I had the 39" RS352, and while it was an awesome flyer, I enjoyed the bigger balsa planes I have better. This one here solves the size problem. I'm going to be following this thread closely. Also interested to learn if the larger ones have a stiffer fuse.

Gravity Cheat

New to GSN!
Gyro. The fuse on this bird is very stiff. They use the same type of fuse stiffeners as they did with the smaller 32" foamies. The foam pieces with the edges cut to 45% and glued to the vert and horz fuse sections.
I think it compares well to a balsa as far as stiffness and flying characteristics for that matter. I will get some video post soon.
IMG_6894.jpg

You can see the stiffeners in this photo.

Maidened the Sbach today. What a smooth flyer! CG was perfect the first try, KE's are easy, hovering is easy and just does what I want it to do. Can't really tell if it's floaty or not as I only had one flight in it today so I was concentrating on getting it dialed in. Didn't take hardly any trim. I wasn't real impressed with the power though but i'm sure that was my power choice. Using a Value Hobby 74g 1100kv motor with a 11x5.5E I have a Suppo 78g 1000kv motor coming with a few different choice props. There's some slo flyers and E's in that order. Hopefully i'll find a combo that gives this thing some SPEED. Sometimes I like goin fast and sometimes just want to fly it low and slow. I need it all!!

Overall this is a great choice if you want a big foamie thats SUPER easy to build and will hold up to some abuse. I recommend this to anyone!

wedoitall

subscribed!

very interested in getting something as a primer to a balsa 3d or just may skip and jump straight to a balsa idk yet.