• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Viper build log (maybe)

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a tricky question. Are you experienced with the proper way to use a DA sander? And, what type are you talking about, air or electric?

For those of us in the wood working industry (especially those of us that have had employees) will tell you that the hand held sander is the most dangerous tool in the ship with regards to being able to take a beautiful piece of work and turn it into trash in a matter of minute.

I've been using air sanders for 30+ years now so I understand how to hold and control one and yes I use DA sanders even for sheeted wings. I also have three different sanders with three different orbits and grits for best control.

If you say you are going to use an electric DA sander I would tell you HELL NO!!! You simply can't control the weight of that tool, and the sanding action with any degree of accuracy when doing something delicate like balsa or lite ply.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got it. By hand it is.

PS - you don't want to sand on anything on the fuse until you have the turtle deck, belly pan and canopy deck assembled and installed, so resist the temptation to perdy it up with a sander.

I do typically give a light sanding to remove the laser flare before assembly of the parts though.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
My god it was scary. I glued in the floor and it was scary. I used wood glue and I'll follow with hysol. It's a nice tight fit. I had to use about 12 clamps. It's now solid as a rock.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, floor is a tricky part. Thank goodness for test fitting to play your attack:yesss:.

That part takes little stress but plays key roll in holding the entire plane in alignment. All downhill from there.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg