• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40 Twin Props

Alky6

150cc
I had a similar experience, the crank twisted after about 10 tanks. Pulled the plugs and the carb and the crank would rotate backwards on its own if you indexed it to the right place. Very strange. Have had similar experiences (cranks twisting) with my opposed racing outboards after the cranks had been pressed apart a few times. My engine was one of the earlier ones and I think they may have had some interference fit problems on the crank cheek/pin. The replacement I  got back runs great. They have outstanding service. 

On the needles, I did find that a little bit makes a big difference on jetting. Far cry from a glow engine. I only have about two gallons through the new engine but have got it finally dialed in pretty well. As far as my flying style - I am so new to all this that it is a steep learning curve. I really enjoy the precision flying and now finding the 3d/freestyle fun - though it occurs quite high in the air! This stuff is the closest rush I have found to boat racing. I am really enjoying it!!!!

-Paul

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Alky6 said
I had a similar experience, the crank twisted after about 10 tanks. Pulled the plugs and the carb and the crank would rotate backwards on its own if you indexed it to the right place. Very strange. Have had similar experiences (cranks twisting) with my opposed racing outboards after the cranks had been pressed apart a few times. My engine was one of the earlier ones and I think they may have had some interference fit problems on the crank cheek/pin. The replacement I  got back runs great. They have outstanding service. 

On the needles, I did find that a little bit makes a big difference on jetting. Far cry from a glow engine. I only have about two gallons through the new engine but have got it finally dialed in pretty well. As far as my flying style - I am so new to all this that it is a steep learning curve. I really enjoy the precision flying and now finding the 3d/freestyle fun - though it occurs quite high in the air! This stuff is the closest rush I have found to boat racing. I am really enjoying it!!!!

-Paul
My first motor was ordered in late December when Chris told me I could get my MXS in January but that kept getting pushed back so my motor sat in the box.  This definitely was an issue with the early motors and not with all.  The new have different bearings and I thought Tim said it was now pinned as well as pressed.  

I wish the needles were located where you could tune while running because like you say a little does a lot.  

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So I picked up a Falcon CF 20x9 prop this week. I ran the motor and even though the motor is far from broke in I got 7020rpm on the ground.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
On a side note I just saw where Valley View received the 2 into 1 header for this motor. Tim is mounting one up for testing this week.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
A two to one header would be nice, but only if it does not rob any power from this engine. I look forward to seeing how well it works.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
There are a couple of guys who have put the VVRC 40 in a 3DHS bigfoot. I thought about doing it myself a few months back. I think the smaller plug version fits without cutting the cowl to clear the plugs, but I am not sure about that. I have the larger plugs in a 78" EF Extra and the holes to provide clearance for the plugs are really small and barley noticeable.

Twister

70cc twin V2
There are a couple of guys who have put the VVRC 40 in a 3DHS bigfoot. I thought about doing it myself a few months back. I think the smaller plug version fits without cutting the cowl to clear the plugs, but I am not sure about that. I have the larger plugs in a 78" EF Extra and the holes to provide clearance for the plugs are really small and barley noticeable.

It fits great and flys great but the noise police at my field keep me from flying,so I was hoping the two to one header would tame the exhaust down a little

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
A two to one header would be nice, but only if it does not rob any power from this engine. I look forward to seeing how well it works.
That has always been my concern because it is not a "Y" design, it is a "U" design and I have problems seeing how exhaust gas timing will be that accurate.