• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wattaplane/Skywing 48" EPP/PLY hybrid Slick

I just bought one of these planes myself!! I've seen them fly, took some pulls, and seen the videos.....convinced me to pull the trigger on one! Seems like a great option for an economical 3D basher that flies just as good as anything else out there!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just bought one of these planes myself!! I've seen them fly, took some pulls, and seen the videos.....convinced me to pull the trigger on one! Seems like a great option for an economical 3D basher that flies just as good as anything else out there!

And the batteries are much more affordable than for your 72!

50 - 50 chance of finally getting the maiden flight on the Slick tomorrow....just hoping the flurries are over by the morning

wedoitall

Good luck. if landing in the grass make sure and not forget some extra LG bolts, you may need them unless you went a different route.

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Alright!! So the friendly wager between Santi and myself was won by yours truly. Maiden the Slick in style today. I flew it on my street!! 2 reasons. 1 being it was cold and I wanted to be able to go inside the house and warm up. 2, my son is sick and I need to be close to home. So what do you do!!?? Fly in the neighborhood!! I got 5 batteries threw her. Locks in on a harrier. Floats very nicely on inverted harriers. Pretty impressed!! Tracks well, and seems to be very aggressive as well. I didn't get to crazy with it. I'm going to wait until I get it to the flying field for that. I would have to admit, I had my doubts about this plane. Maybe because its not 3DHS or EF. But I'm truly pleased with the way it flys so far. It reminds me of my 89.

Attachments

• 20130302_143700.jpg
    20130302_143700.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 20130302_143711.jpg
    20130302_143711.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 218
  • 20130302_143739.jpg
    20130302_143739.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 20130302_143811.jpg
    20130302_143811.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 190
Glad to hear you like it Diggity. Wedoitall, I fly in a large, paved school parking lot that was just redone last summer......nice and smooth. :p

Looking good for tomorrow, maybe later in the day, but should get her in the air.

wedoitall

Alright!! So the friendly wager between Santi and myself was won by yours truly. Maiden the Slick in style today. I flew it on my street!! 2 reasons. 1 being it was cold and I wanted to be able to go inside the house and warm up. 2, my son is sick and I need to be close to home. So what do you do!!?? Fly in the neighborhood!! I got 5 batteries threw her. Locks in on a harrier. Floats very nicely on inverted harriers. Pretty impressed!! Tracks well, and seems to be very aggressive as well. I didn't get to crazy with it. I'm going to wait until I get it to the flying field for that. I would have to admit, I had my doubts about this plane. Maybe because its not 3DHS or EF. But I'm truly pleased with the way it flys so far. It reminds me of my 89.

sweet!!! I told ya! I was wondering if it was gonna impress you guys that have been flying for awhile. since ive only been flying for 6 months now, it makes me look better than I am :p

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Glad to hear you like it Diggity. Wedoitall, I fly in a large, paved school parking lot that was just redone last summer......nice and smooth. :p

Looking good for tomorrow, maybe later in the day, but should get her in the air.

sweet!!! I told ya! I was wondering if it was gonna impress you guys that have been flying for awhile. since ive only been flying for 6 months now, it makes me look better than I am :p

Nice and smooth is the perfect way to describe this plane