Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion What Did Santa Bring You

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by HRRC Flyer, Dec 26, 2018.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Awesome, so happy you are not going electric here. I have a 140 and cf pipe for my wild beat.

Jetpainter, 49dimes and Alky6 like this.
  2. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey David,

I could have gone electric, but it would have been heavier. Besides, I like the smell of nitro first thing in the morning. . . . . :laughing:. I also have a YS140DZ I could use too, but I don't have the correct pipe for it, so the OS it will be. I put the aileron & elevator servos in it this evening and I will put the rudder and throttle servos in it tomorrow. My engine man is putting new rings and bearings in the 140 as I type so she should be good as new. . . . . . :yesss:.

Jetpainter, 49dimes, dhal22 and 2 others like this.
  3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    VERY NICE!!

49dimes, Alky6 and HRRC Flyer like this.
  4. HRRC Flyer

Thanks Buddy. . . . . :way_to_go:

5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

You must have been a a very good boy!

6. HRRC Flyer

Hey Doug,

You're right about that. I still cannot get over the paint job on this thing. All of the color transitions are blended so there are no paint lines. There is also pearl in some of the colors which really makes it stand out. I have no idea how they painted this thing. There is one flaw in the finish on this plane. If you look at the rear of the wing tip in the third picture, you will see a white area. The man who sold me the plane dropped the wing and it hit the floor and popped the paint off. . . . . . :face-palm:. It also popped the paint off the bottom of the wing in the same area. I knew about the damage before I bought it so its OK. My problem is that it will be impossible to match the paint colors. I have a friend who paints custom motorcycles so I will get him to repaint the damaged area using a different color (probably silver or a dark purple) and paint the other wing so it will match. This should help "hide" the repair. Do you have any other ideas?

dhal22 likes this.
  7. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I think you got the correct idea.

8. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

That's what I would do. If you can't match it, it's time for a new stripe!

acerc likes this.