• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What do you guys want videos of?

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
I am curious as to what you guys would like to know how to do. Bonedoc and Wamsy have already made some fantastic instructional videos, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. For that reason, I won't be covering the basics such as harriers, hovers, and rolling harriers. So far, I plan on covering:

-Rifle rolls (I know Wamsy already made a video of this, but I'd like to look at it in a bit more depth and share some tips for success)
-Snap-turns including the G-turn and 90 degree half snap
-Knife edge wall, both types (hard 90 degree turn on knife edge, and abruptly turning nose-up and knife-edge from level flight)

What else would you guys like to see?

hone

150cc
I'm not sure of what moves i want to learn but i'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread.

I'll let you know if i come up with something for you to teach me :D

njswede

150cc
I'm interested in ways of improving smoothness and coordination, as well as transitions between tricks. Not sure how you would visualize that in a video, but that's what I need to work on...

hone

150cc
I was asked about expo lately and thought something like setting up expo and throws might be a good video. Just explaining why you use expo and why it's such a personal thing and the importance of using a low rate once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

njswede

150cc
I did a climbing spin once. Emphasis on once. I was trying to do something else and the plane all of a sudden got into a climbing spin. Unfortunately, I can't do it again no matter how much I try. I also once botched a KE spin with my Laser and got into one of those spins when the wings are level an the plane rotates around the wing spar (does that trick have a name?). It looked awesome, but I will never be able to do it again...