Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What do you use for a work stand

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Hinckley Bill, May 11, 2020.

1. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

So awhile back there was a fellow over on RCG that was trying to get interest in the work stand that he had fabricated for the hobby..... I ended up communicating with him, purchasing two of the units, but they went into hibernation in a box in the basement until I started my 'Covid Cleanup'.

I pulled the parts out, because I needed to work on both a large MB-339 jet AND a H-9 46% Ultimate...because of the fact that you can customize the stand using easily cut 1/2" EMT conduit I put together a 'short and tall' version. I chose to obtain parts to make the stands both mobile (wheels on each foot) or stationary (flat bottom). Trust me, being able to move the stand with a plane like the Ultimate on it is easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

I have to say I am extremely please with what the guy produced .... here are some pics of the stands by itself and with airframes on them.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the stands or take any additional pics for clarifications

Attached Files:

WMcNabb, BalsaDust and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Thats pretty slick. For my sanity could you please scrape the stickers off of the conduit. LOL. As an electrician I was taught early on that its easy to make all of the conduit fittings line up when running multiple runs next too each other but not so easy with the stickers and to scrape them off. Ok my bit of OCD is over and carry on. Really do like that design.

3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Very nice stand!

This has the makings of a new thread...What do you use for a stand???

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

I took your suggestion and re-titled the thread, as I'd sure like to see what everyone is using!

WMcNabb likes this.
  5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Cool!!

I’m primarily using a stand from Terry’s Custom Designs.

6. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

Got one of those in the basement when garage is 'too cold' ;)

WMcNabb likes this.
  7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Also have an old weight bench, which I really like because I can adjust the height as needed, and it’s solid.
    Need to put a set of casters on it, as it’s a pain to move around the shop.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

I have to say the coasters on my 'conduit' stands really make it the nuts.... I can wheel that bad boy all over the place and when needed, lock the wheels for stability!

WMcNabb likes this.
  9. Terry’s Custom, plus the pvc cradle for the smaller stuff

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and WMcNabb like this.