Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! What size tank for 50cc Yak54

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Travis Haney, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Yes, just like other tubing, you have to get the correct tubing when it comes to Viton. There are a lot of different types.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. I have some viton tubing from Mcmaster carr but am afraid to use it for inside of tank. Best bet for sure is to pay the piper ($5/ft) for the right stuff:
    http://www.wrongwayrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=76_92

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
  4. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

If you have ever used both types of Viton you can tell the difference. I have both that I use and they do not have the same feel. I am not sure why WrongWay does not show the rating on the line. Maybe send them an email and ask them to verify the rating on it so you know what you purchased. The correct Viton is much more flexible and can be stretched and released easier than the stiffer line.

5. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

If what you have from McMaster-Carr is Durometer 60A your fine, if it's the 75A it's too hard.

Alky6 likes this.
  6. TDRC ? Who makes that?

7. stangflyer likes this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
  9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Can this be purchased in longer lengths other than 2 feet?

10. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

I don't believe this is Viton, but a custom proprietary fluoro-elastomer line as it is stated on the package. Viton is trademarked. It is probably good line yet I would not hesitate to pay the extra and stick with Viton.