• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for that so it makes it really shiny but like the idea of blending everything in and when you do the clear you don’t have to mask, with that info i am going get my self a quart of clear the next time I paint. Thanks on the warning about the vinyl.
I may be misunderstanding so clarify what you mean by don't have to mask.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Would anyone be interested in posting their "what the postman brought" of a Bob Dively 96"ws Super Stearman? Thinking of putting it up for sale again and this time I won't be changing my mind.

Attachments

• P1080445.JPG
    P1080445.JPG
    389.2 KB · Views: 266

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I may be misunderstanding so clarify what you mean by don't have to mask.
What I mean is usually when painting a plane with several colours you end up masking for hours then paint for 5 minutes and then masking again until done and depending on how many colours you use determines the amount of masking. But once done all the colour painting. To clear the plane all you need to do set the plane up and give it a couple of clear coats and then you are done.

BalsaDust

Would anyone be interested in posting their "what the postman brought" of a Bob Dively 96"ws Super Stearman? Thinking of putting it up for sale again and this time I won't be changing my mind.

If I had the funds that would be a cool one to own.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Omg...omg...OMG!!!! Pick me, pick me...PICK ME!!! PLEASE, CONSIDER MY DEAD PRESIDENTS at the top of the list. So, back when I started my hiatus from the hobby, I had a complete Bob Dively Super Stearman. Along with the Nosen Stang and numerous planes, radios...engines, (including my coveted Moki 3.6 twin and O.S. Pegasus 320 quad) my big beautiful Stearman had to leave due to a difference in thought processes. Thankfully I can think for myself all by myself again.
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif
I would love to own one again. Perhaps I have mentioned my appreciation (lust) for a big Stearman. Would promise to give it a safe and warm and loving home. Will play with it often and feed it only the finest fuel and oil money can buy. And for Christmas I will get it a sacred and beloved Valach radial.

I absolutely would post in the "what the "Ace" let me buy" thread!!!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Omg...omg...OMG!!!! Pick me, pick me...PICK ME!!! PLEASE, CONSIDER MY DEAD PRESIDENTS at the top of the list. So, back when I started my hiatus from the hobby, I had a complete Bob Dively Super Stearman. Along with the Nosen Stang and numerous planes, radios...engines, (including my coveted Moki 3.6 twin and O.S. Pegasus 320 quad) my big beautiful Stearman had to leave due to a difference in thought processes. Thankfully I can think for myself all by myself again.
View attachment 107250
I would love to own one again. Perhaps I have mentioned my appreciation (lust) for a big Stearman. Would promise to give it a safe and warm and loving home. Will play with it often and feed it only the finest fuel and oil money can buy. And for Christmas I will get it a sacred and beloved Valach radial.

I absolutely would post in the "what the "Ace" let me buy" thread!!!
Well my friend, two things stand in your way. One is I will not ship it as it is like new and can't bear the thought of it being crushed. And the other is someone else has already put in wanting it. The biggest reason I have hung on to it for so long is I really thought I would get to it some day and the shipping thing.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well my friend, two things stand in your way. One is I will not ship it as it is like new and can't bear the thought of it being crushed. And the other is someone else has already put in wanting it. The biggest reason I have hung on to it for so long is I really thought I would get to it some day and the shipping thing.
Ah man!! Just my luck. I'm sure the shipping can be worked out. But... if you change your mind.....!!!
impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pretty sure I can stop the stick pins.
voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif