• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What's it worth? 3W 100i-B2 w/ DA ignition & mufflers

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Folks, I'm clearing out stuff to get bills paid once and for all! Anything that isn't flying this spring is going up for sale. I've got this 3W 100i-B2, it seems fine but I haven't run it, it came with a Carden 35% Cap that I bought only to figure out after the fact that the airframe needed lots of work.

The only squawk on the engine is that the throttle and choke mechanisms are loose but I figured out it's because the springs that would normally keep them from rattling are missing.

What's it worth? I'll post pics in the classifieds later tonight but I've got no idea what to ask for it. It's got stock mufflers and DA ignition.

Thanks!
Bart

Hey there Bart,

Hate to say this but the market for 'used anything' is pretty tough right now....whether it's in good shape or bad

A 3W100-B2 is probably going in the range of $350 to $500 ...... issue you'll likely have is that you're not the original owner/user of the motor so there'll be questions in folks minds about what they are actually buying

M

Matt

I love that it has a DA ignition... The combo make probably one of the most reliable engines you can have period... If I was looking for an engine I would make you an offer

sweetpea

100cc
I'd say that price point is closer to the $350 range. You can buy a 106 for $500 or less used. The 100 isn't quite the beast. The springs are typically removed so there is less resistance on the throttle servo so that isn't a big deal.

I'd almost take it off your hands but my funds are very tight....It would be ok for my Viper. I'm having no luck finding a 3W110 used right now.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
100cc engines sell pretty quick on this forum. I should talk my brother into buying that. I bet that motor would be perfect in his 1/3 cub.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll shoot some photos and put it in the classifieds later tonight.

Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
100cc engines sell pretty quick on this forum. I should talk my brother into buying that. I bet that motor would be perfect in his 1/3 cub.
I put the BME 102 that I had sitting around in the World 1/3 Super Cub I'm finishing up. Should be fun :)