• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Where to get foam for foam core wings????

capthis

70cc twin V2
Found some.

Attachments

• 79201.jpeg
    79201.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 437

rarcdon

30cc
I like your airplane hauler....Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe. I bought mine specifically with hauling a plane to the field. With the fold flat front seat I can haul a 50 - 70cc plane no problem.

capthis

70cc twin V2
I like your airplane hauler....Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe. I bought mine specifically with hauling a plane to the field. With the fold flat front seat I can haul a 50 - 70cc plane no problem.

That's my daily driver 2003 Vibe. I'm a Vibe fan, I currently have 4 Vibes.... That one has 282K miles on it and will be sold as soon as tax season comes around on Craigs list. (They'll be lots of people looking for a good running cheap car here in a few weeks!) :)

I just found a cherry one owner 2004 that has been garage kept and serviced at the dealer every 5K to replace it with. The other one is a 2006 that the better half drives, which again was a cherry one owner used car, and the 4th one is a GT model I bought real cheap with the motor in pieces as a project that I got sidetracked on! :)

My car had 260K on it before I ever had to throw a wrench at it. It's since had a new water pump, starter, and an electric fan on the radiator in the last 20K. It's been a great little car and believe it or not still has the original real brakes on it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Info about the lightning is here: http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/plan_kits/lightning.htm

I contacted the designer and he emailed me the plans. JAG has them printed so it appears we are going to build a couple. Eureka has kits available, and that would be much easier, and probably even cheaper but we are kind of stupid sometimes! :)
One of these days I'm going to build a 50cc pattern airplane. Here are some designs I was working on for fiberglass fuselages. One is a more classic Tipo shape and the other is like a newer Krill Spark Evo. Both would use a DLE 55 rear exhaust with an enclosed tuned pipe.

Pattern Designs.jpg
Spark.jpg

capthis

70cc twin V2
I was planning on a typical wing tube. Not sure what size yet though.

I've always thought a 50cc pattern plane would be cool but no fiberglass fuse for me.