• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Where's the builds?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
After your above post, maybe we need another button, the love button, like just does not say enough.
I have a neighbor that just finished a T-Bucket from nearly 100% scratch. Talk about craftsmanship, watching him hammer out the body work from a sheet of steel was amazing.
My last comment on the build subject and I'll leave it up to you guys. If I am looking to improve upon my low skills I like to go to build threads, if I am looking for the latest in equipment I go to ARF's and/or 3D threads.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Get it going......I'll find it!
I am contemplating methods in which I want to go. If I go a kit it will have to be heavily modified which makes for a lot of waste. Going scratch makes more sense but that's a lot of wood. What I would really like to do is take the set of full scale plans and do a 1/2 scale full scale tube built. It will be several months before I get to it so plenty of time for contemplation.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
My comments on classic pattern forums was vague out of respect for the site owner here. Those forums are on other websites but per Bartman's request I'm not going to post a link to the competition.

You can pm me for details if you want.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
iWKad22.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It would be funny to know of all that voted and all that have replied, whom are builders and whom are assemblers. I lay odds not one builder wants them together. But that is just my opinion.
To me ARF's are everywhere but builds are far and few between.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
it was a personal goal of mine when we started the site to change that
I think it would be an easy thing to accomplish, add build to all prefix's and an automatic link to the build forum. As it currently stands there is not even a build prefix in the build prefix list. Maybe break the prefix into type of aircraft and type of action such as build, repair, recover, etc.
All I know is there is only one place where builds are predominant, RCSB, but the site is a PITA to navigate, load pics, etc. I love it here, plan on staying, and just hope somehow builds become easier to find.

Last edited: