• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which Radio System Is Best?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Mikeq;11945 wrote: Currently using Futaba...thought about giving Jeti a try until I saw this..http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2169257&postcount=20

Earlier this year when I was having issues with my "then" favorite radio, I actually did a lot of soul searching and radio searching too. I too almost went with the Jeti radio. That is until I ran across this very same posting. Wow, glad I chose other wise. Yikes.....:having-a-nightmare:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My first? Futaba 6 channel. Forget which one. Then Futaba 8UA. Loved that radio. Have actually regretted selling it from time to time. Ended up buying the 2.4 module to upgrade it. Never ever a problem. Then went over to Aurora 9 and now Aurora 9X. Looking forward to Hitec's newest radio. Hopefully next year.

Had JR since 1999. Never ever had any issues. Last one was an 11x. I tried most Spektrums through the years but always went back to the 11x because everything always worked good. I remembered how nice the DX 8 and 9 felt in my hands and the 11x was feeling a bit odd in use. Even though the Spektrum are noticably made cheaper I went back to the DX 8 just recently. Programming is a cinch and it is the right size for me. JR's switch to DMSS was to much for me to keep up with so I am fininshed with. Sorry JR.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
My first radio was a gold colored Futaba that I bought used. I quickly bought another more modern that was black and I could use with a buddy cord. They both served me well and eventually started using the setup to teach others how to fly. This was in the mid 80's. When I moved up to sport planes I picked up a 6 channel one with the cool dual rate switches. I was a Futaba guy right up to the point in time I had to send my radio in to "upgrade" it to the new FM frequencies. After 6 months I got the radio back with one of the trim sliders broken. Needless to say I was not happy. Unfortunately many years later, I keep hearing Hobby Services is still not the best in customer service.

I moved to Spectrum a couple years ago with the switch to 2.4. I am very impressed with their customer service. I am considering moving to JR for my ventures into the 40% sized planes.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Spektrum DX18 for me. Has always worked perfectly for me. Love, love, love the power safe RX's and the balance feature on the radio. Makes for nice clean and easy setups.