• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Who's gotta Mustang?

FULLTILT

30cc
Bipeguy03;11865 wrote: Isn't the 2015 supposed to be the concept from a couple of years ago? I don't really care for the 15's, they look too much like the Fusion.. But maybe it will grow on me.

My favorite version of the SN95 body though is the 03' Mach. I tried to fake it with my '94, and you wouldn't believe how many non Mustang guys ask me, "Is that a Mach 1?" lol
The 2015 concept mustang is off base for the mustang, it is just a glorified fusion. They had one that I believe was being drummed up for like 2011, and was designed but an Italian. I thought it was pretty awesome. It was designed a couple of years before the Camaro came back out and would have done very well I believe. Really awesome looking car. I do think the 05 - 09 body style is closest to the era that they were shooting to copy as was the challenger. The late 60's early 70's look. They totally missed on the Camaro. I was not at all impressed with it, and still not.

Bipeguy03

150cc
FULLTILT;11950 wrote: The 2015 concept mustang is off base for the mustang, it is just a glorified fusion. They had one that I believe was being drummed up for like 2011, and was designed but an Italian. I thought it was pretty awesome. It was designed a couple of years before the Camaro came back out and would have done very well I believe. Really awesome looking car. I do think the 05 - 09 body style is closest to the era that they were shooting to copy as was the challenger. The late 60's early 70's look. They totally missed on the Camaro. I was not at all impressed with it, and still not.

Agree 100% on the Camaro, I also think they completely missed with the Charger and the Dart. A while back I saw a computer rendering for a retro Mercury Cougar that looked like the 67/68 model and was in awe, (especially since my parents have one) I wish they would have ran with it as well.

My only hope is that the 2015 Mustang doesn't severely hurt the line, with todays economy they can afford to miss or it could be the end.

FULLTILT

30cc
Bipeguy03;12239 wrote: Agree 100% on the Camaro, I also think they completely missed with the Charger and the Dart. A while back I saw a computer rendering for a retro Mercury Cougar that looked like the 67/68 model and was in awe, (especially since my parents have one) I wish they would have ran with it as well.

My only hope is that the 2015 Mustang doesn't severely hurt the line, with todays economy they can afford to miss or it could be the end.
I agree with you on the charger and dart. I think the closest of all of them was the challenger then the 05-09 mustang. the challenger is just a bit too heavy but I am a mustang guy anyway. I would scoop up a 67-69 Camaro project car if I ran across one.

FULLTILT

30cc
Bipeguy03;10648 wrote: Well, the past 2 semesters of college I've really noticed most of the student pilots, and even those who are working on their commercial ratings drive Mustangs.

I always knew Airplanes and Mustang went together like apple pie and ice cream!! :D

Now I've had mine for 10 years this month, It was an early graduation present from my parents, and after spending most of my senior year rebuilding it, I had a pretty cool car for an 18 year old!

So anyway, I wanna see some Mustangs who else has one?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Does look nice !

Bipeguy03

150cc
FULLTILT;12247 wrote: I agree with you on the charger and dart. I think the closest of all of them was the challenger then the 05-09 mustang. the challenger is just a bit too heavy but I am a mustang guy anyway. I would scoop up a 67-69 Camaro project car if I ran across one.

Yea, as die hard a Mustang man as I am if I got a chance at a 67 Camaro I would probably take it!!

FULLTILT

30cc
Mikeq;12266 wrote: Probably take it???? Jesus man we'd have to get you to a doctor if you didn't.
Probably right ! Having said that, I did pass one up a couple of years ago. I thought it might have been too much work. Man I kick myself...........well you understand.

FULLTILT

30cc
FULLTILT;12248 wrote: Does look nice !
I haven't figured out how to post pics yet, as soon as I do, I will post some of mine and some really nice pics of some of the guys cars in our club