• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Why do you use HV and / or why don't you?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If you are having a jittering/glitching issue with your Hitec 79XX servos, please contact me here on the forums first before calling in. I will redact my previous statement, this way I can better help you as we can get swamped with phone calls at times, and I will be able to advise you on the best possible method for solving your issue :)

Remember, I'm on here even on the weekends, so I'll be able to jump onboard and help out 7 days a week :way_to_go:

Last edited:
If you are having a jittering/glitching issue with your Hitec 79XX servos, please contact me here on the forums first before calling in. I will redact my previous statement, this way I can better help you as we can get swamped with phone calls at times, and I will be able to advise you on the best possible method for solving your issue :)

Remember, I'm on here even on the weekends, so I'll be able to jump onboard and help out 7 days a week :way_to_go:

Hey @Xpress, I got a 7950 that makes my rudder jitter pretty bad. You think you could help me out? I appreciate your willingness to help out.

Thanks a ton. :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Maybe a little help for those that may be experiencing some servo "jitter" from Hitec 79** servos.
35% PAU Extra 300SP/Hitec HS 7954SH/HV all control surfaces.

40% SD Models Extra 260/Hitec HS 7954SH Ailerons and Elevators/HS 7980TH Rudder/HV

42% Hangar 9 Sukhoi SU26/Hitec HS 7950TH all control surfaces/HV

Other than low audible "centering sing", servos are quiet, quick, accurate and very powerful on HV setups.

Here are also a couple of ideas to help with servo jitter. I use Smart Fly Power Expanders on my large planes. I "only" point this out primarily because of all the features it allows. Plus, the SF boards also "BOOST" signal on the servo leads to help the "jitters" that some may experience.

20150411_175536.jpg

Another little assistance item is the "Signal Boosters" that Hitec makes readily available to all Hitec servo users that may be experiencing "jitter" issues with their servos.

20150411_180017.jpg

I was concerned with the extra long extensions I needed in the Sukhoi and possible "jitter" issues I had heard about. Not a single one used anywhere in the Sukhoi as I didn't need them.

Tanner, @Xpress can give all the particulars regarding the use of the Signal Boosters from Hitec.

Hoping this will offer a little insight and perhaps a resolution for some of you guys out there.

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yup, those are rock solid servos. The buzzing is normal, it's just the servo keeping center with the weight of the surface pushing against it.

Like I said earlier, before you call hitec, contact me first so I can advise you on what may be up with your setup. Minimal Load Jitter will not be solved with the HS-Boost.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Question. Why do coreless motors seem to have better torque values over brushless motors? I guess brushless advantage is only "longevity" in the motor?

Also polling responses.....What do you guys think is a better motor for HV set ups....Coreless or brushless?

Last edited: