• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Wing Sheeting

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Thanks Rick,

When we use poly we squeegee the hell out of it while we do the sheeting, we also mist the sheeting before applying the poly. That way its about ready to kick and you can remove most of it. There is enough to make a good bond. haven't had any issues with the sheeting moving. We also tape the shuck tight before putting it in the bag. I think either poly or resin is a good choice.

I believe resin will give you more working time. Depending on moisture content the poly can start to kick fast and you want to get it down before it really kicks.

To those watching this thread remember we are talking about vacuum bagging the wings ( foam) and how we each do a layup. We all have different ways and have had good success but like Rick say's "it's best to do your own test" I for one will be doing some experiments.

Al