• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Wood is Good....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
WoodisGood;14189 wrote: This plane was covered and the painted over the covering.

Tony, was that Ultracote that was painted over? If so, how did it hold up?

I did that on a pattern airplane many years ago, but sold it before I could see how well it held up.

JBenson

50cc
I love my woody!! Here is a shot of her.

17103=11723-Dalton_Worlds.jpg
17103=11723-Dalton_Worlds.jpg

very nice. I have been thinking of building one for a while but have yet pulled the trigger. Its been a while since I built a kit so I want to find the right time to start it and stay at it so I don't push it aside and let it just sit there unfinished. I love the color scheme Benson.

Josh Price said
very nice. I have been thinking of building one for a while but have yet pulled the trigger. Its been a while since I built a kit so I want to find the right time to start it and stay at it so I don't push it aside and let it just sit there unfinished. I love the color scheme Benson.
Josh, you will love it. I love building mine.  very very fun, and there are multiple threads out there that have plenty of tips: trumpet man, mattymatt, JPC, etc....

on mine, i have built the fuselage, hatch area, working on the cowl, did the stab incidence, glued on the turtle-deck.  i also obtained the pre-sheeted kit, which saves a lot of time and frustration, that to me, seems to be the more difficult part of it all.

what is left for me to do:

1.  glue the LE and TE of all the surfaces

2.  glue on the FIn

3.  finish the canopy area

4.  finish the cowl

5.  build a baffle plate for the 200

6.  paint the cowl and wheel pants and canopy once it is glued on

7.  paint the inside of the fuselage/motorbox area

8.  cover the wings and fuselage

9.  cut out servo boxes on all the surfaces

10.  hinge the surfaces