• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Wow, a plane can do that?

SteveT.

100cc
Great idea Ben.....(kind of like a secret shopper) but even if I had not met you at the Lodi Huckfest, I would know who you were on sight...

SteveT

robj

70cc twin V2
I like to do sort of the opposite at the flying field. If I see a field when traveling I usually stop to watch, and for me, the most fun thing in the world is to talk to the guys flying 3DHS planes, ask their opinions about them, listen quietly, watch for a while, then thank them and leave. I always learn a lot and, of course, I feel really sneaky.

That won't happen to one of us. Now a fresh pic of you is in the new MA. I think you tried that in Shreveport. you just suddenly appeared!! :)

JohnJ300

30cc
Well here is my story. A lady was watching my son fly and after the flight she said I did not know a plane could do that. It looks like a video game.
Also i really like the shirt answering all of the common questions that we all hear so often, how much, how fast, how far, does that thing really fly.

A number of times I have had the occasional kid come up and say "Can I fly it!?" to which I reply "Well it's much harder than you think, i'm sorry but no" to which they reply "Oh! It's okay I have flown a bunch of them from wal-mart!

Sigh... I need one of those shirts John...

gyro

GSN Contributor
A number of times I have had the occasional kid come up and say "Can I fly it!?" to which I reply "Well it's much harder than you think, i'm sorry but no" to which they reply "Oh! It's okay I have flown a bunch of them from wal-mart!

Sigh... I need one of those shirts John...

I have and EDF Jet, that goes 100mph. Will you teach me to fly it! :cursing: No I will not!!!

[video=youtube;hx5Es0bnulM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5Es0bnulM[/video]

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
Well here is my story. A lady was watching my son fly and after the flight she said I did not know a plane could do that. It looks like a video game.
Also i really like the shirt answering all of the common questions that we all hear so often, how much, how fast, how far, does that thing really fly.

Not forgetting "how high".....the joys of flying in public spaces:D

I seriously thought about printing a bunch of 'FAQ' handout sheets.

I have and EDF Jet, that goes 100mph. Will you teach me to fly it! :cursing: No I will not!!!

[video=youtube;hx5Es0bnulM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5Es0bnulM[/video]

You sir, have made my month..

There can be no more win on this thread. PoolsClosed.jpg

Haha but in all seriousness, I have seen that kind of stuff happen.. Cracks me up.

Try owning a LHS. I list some of the questions
(1) how fast
(2) how high
(3) how far
(3) how much
(4) is it hard to learn
I answer these questions all day. I have too. If one one gets in I get a customer and a flying buddy too.
the hardest one is on my planes. I build in my store and people will marvel at the size and of course they ask "how much" I really can't give them a price because I'm not that sure. I re use a lot of my stuff and have had same engine for many years. My 3-w 150 is over 10 years old and i consider it "free"
How do you price a plane when you have all the servos, engine, receiver, batteries and radio? Even if i could I don't think I really what to know.
I still find it fun to talk to the people and try to explain everything so they go away with a better understanding of the hobby. I always invite them to the field to watch us fly. Never pass up a chance to find someone new to fly with. Dennis