Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Young kid builds and flies best Magnus Effect plane

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, Apr 17, 2018.

1. dominicm

dominicm 70cc twin V2

I was quite amazed by this. I had never seen or even heard of a Magnus Effect plane until Finley showed up with what looked like an upside down lawn mower. He's a very articulate kid and talked me through the physics of how this thing works. It doesn't just work...it flies really well...and he built it totally from scratch. Quite looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    49dimes and acerc like this.
  2. That is way too cool. Never seen or heard of one before. Thanks for sharing.:way_to_go:

dominicm and 49dimes like this.
  3. acerc

acerc 640cc Uber Pimp

Florida
    That is freakin wicked! Love it!

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

That is really cool. Now I want to try to build one.

5. Me too.

49dimes likes this.

6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Marvelous just Marvelous . :cool: too!

dominicm and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. That is cool. Google "reel push mower" for some cool covering schemes.

8. Never heard of it fascinating Id like to see one live

49dimes, pawnshopmike and dominicm like this.
  9. Its great to see this young man doing somthing like this most of these kids today are just jackasses my nefew is an aeronautical engineering student and they are in such demand that he is already working for a company making over 20$ an hour and his room and board while he is going to school because there are so few people in this field

49dimes, pawnshopmike and dominicm like this.
  10. That is way too cool. Never seen or heard of one before.