• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Young kid builds and flies best Magnus Effect plane

dominicm

70cc twin V2
I was quite amazed by this. I had never seen or even heard of a Magnus Effect plane until Finley showed up with what looked like an upside down lawn mower. He's a very articulate kid and talked me through the physics of how this thing works. It doesn't just work...it flies really well...and he built it totally from scratch. Quite looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next.

Last edited:
Its great to see this young man doing somthing like this most of these kids today are just jackasses my nefew is an aeronautical engineering student and they are in such demand that he is already working for a company making over 20$ an hour and his room and board while he is going to school because there are so few people in this field