• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ztw b series 115 amp esc

3dplank

70cc twin V2
I am building my 58 edge and I just ordered this esc, and programming card. I am going to be running a motorfly Dm 4315-714 on 4s 4000 lipos. I am not sure what to set things at. like motor timing? and other settings. Can some one give me there settings for this set up. Thanks, Plank

TMO

30cc
Plank,
The best thing to do is leave it at factory settings: which are pretty much tailor made for your application. An important step is to calibrate the throttle according to the instructions. ALWAYS leave it on auto timing- it's the setting that will optimize operation with an outrunner- the other settings apply to fixed timing two pole inrunners and high kv/low pole count outnners and will definitely not improve performance. I get by with my lvc at 3.0 (default), but I know a lot of people that go up to 3.2v. After you've flown a few times you can tailor the "start" value to your tastes. The default value is medium hard, but the ZTW have a very powerful starting pulse, so although I know many people who go to the ACC value because they're used to that from another manufacturer, and then realize that the ZTW start pulse on "ACC" is very powerful indeed. Here again, after experimentation, I've settled on the default there too.
Best,
Tim

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to try it out. I like the 6v option for sure.