• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZTW ESCs Q&A

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Max amps on the Omega 130 is listed at 50A, you will want at least a 60A ESC. The A-series 70A is very popular for these planes because of its size:

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brushless-esc-bec/ztw-escs/ztw-70a-brushless-esc-w-4a-sbec

The LP-series 65A is on sale right now, though ;): http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brus...nd-power-65a-brushless-esc-6a-adjustable-sbec

The LP-series and B-series do have extra features geared toward heli use, but they also have several additional options for planes as well including the adjustable SBEC, and additional timing and start-up settings. So, all three series work great for planes or helis. Many report that the B/LP have a smoother and more linear throttle response vs. the A-series, but you honestly can't go wrong with any of them!

Garret

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

I've got a few of the ZTW A series ESC's in my 40 and 50 size planes...they work very well in this application.

DeCuzar

New to GSN!
Hey guys i just joined this forum (lots of 3D pilots:bouncy:) and need some help, I just picked up a new Landpower 100amp esc for my Extremeflight 300 exp, was pretty excited about the purchase, but I cant get it to work right, I started at default settings and this is what my problem is, my motor is a motrofly 4315 500 KV, on initial startup the motor shakes violently and literally shakes the airframe real bad, nothing wrong with my motor, I was useing a ZTW A series with castle bec and was fine,,, I also tried a diffrent motor (same problem) than I thought maybe add a prop so there was resistance on startup, and it feels like the motor is dragging, I have tried evry start up option and evry timeing option and resoldered my motor leads, and am now at my witts end:megaroll:, any ideas.....for the record Im no NOOB, and have these esc's in other planes ztw 65 b series, ztw 85 b, ztw 50 a, I like my ZTWs, did I get a bad one help me out PLEASE

thanks
Ernie

Last edited by a moderator:

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Hey guys i just joined this forum (lots of 3D pilots:bouncy:) and need some help, I just picked up a new Landpower 100amp esc for my Extremeflight 300 exp, was pretty excited about the purchase, but I cant get it to work right, I started at default settings and this is what my problem is, my motor is a motrofly 4315 500 KV, on initial startup the motor shakes violently and literally shakes the airframe real bad, nothing wrong with my motor, I was useing a ZTW A series with castle bec and was fine,,, I also tried a diffrent motor (same problem) than I thought maybe add a prop so there was resistance on startup, and it feels like the motor is dragging, I have tried evry start up option and evry timeing option and resoldered my motor leads, and am now at my witts end:megaroll:, any ideas.....for the record Im no NOOB, and have these esc's in other planes ztw 65 b series, ztw 85 b, ztw 50 a, I like my ZTWs, did I get a bad one help me out PLEASE

thanks
Ernie

Hi, Ernie -- it was a pleasure speaking to you on the phone the other day about the problem you are experiencing with the ESC. Give the things we talked about a try, and if you still experience issues let us know so we can take care of it.

Thanks,
Garret

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
My first guess would be one of the three phases is not connected. If it works with another ESC then the motor side connections must be ok, so would have to mean that a bullet connector on the ESC has a dry solder joint or a bad connection. But if you have checked the connectors already then faulty ESC is the only remaining option.

Steve

Manta

70cc twin V2
My first guess would be one of the three phases is not connected. If it works with another ESC then the motor side connections must be ok, so would have to mean that a bullet connector on the ESC has a dry solder joint or a bad connection. But if you have checked the connectors already then faulty ESC is the only remaining option.

Steve
Yep,what he said sounds about right.^^