• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carnage

Well here is mine, it is actually from the fall of 2014 but just recently stumbled on the pictures again on an old phone. It was an Aeroworks 20cc Extra 300, with a Saito FG-17. The plane seemed doomed right from the beginning, I knocked it off the stand while putting it together. On its maiden flight, the rudder control on my Spectrum DX 8 went to full left deflection right after takeoff, and turn out for the circuit. Every time I brought the power up, I couldn't maintain control. This eventually led to an off field landing. (Not pictured.) Damage wasn't that bad, got it fixed back up. I never could get the FG-17 to run right, Whenever I would go vertical it would starve for fuel and immediately die. Sent it back to Horizon, and it was somewhat better, but eventually led to what you see here. On this day, I did a snap roll, and the engine died, ended up being in a bad attitude, plane went straight in from about 100'. It was the end of a short miserable life for the the Extra 300. On the bright side, there was a guy there with the exact same plane so he scavenged some the salvageable odds and ends

IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0916.JPG IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0924.JPG