• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Electric Power for a 20cc Profile

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not to be off topic but did you know that a lot of US consumer electronics (80%) are made in China? (Duh!) The positive side is that semi conductors, processor chips, SMT components designed in our own silicon valley are used in these electronics. And of course the Piezo circuit ( invented by the French) is now incorporated in to hard ceramics forming these neat little gyros and accelerators for flight controls. I was heavy in to audiophile equipment during my military days and discovered some of the best equipment was actually made in China way back then! Now this was not Esoteric stuff like "Mark Levinson" "Crown" "Dahlquest" "Nakamichi" and the hand full of others that existed back then. But familiar names like "Marantz" "Pioneer" "Adcom" and even "Carver".
Granted I've seen some real crap RC electronics come from there recently but I have to say that the stuff I have had lately is proving decent and it has the Turnigy name on it (Hextronics Ltd). Think how many watch manufacturers mimicked Rolex (Omega, Tag Huer, Bullova to name a few) but took a beating trying to become established. Never saw any one try and mimic Timex. And Seiko (Japan) watches where pretty darn hard to beat if the poor GI had not the loot for the Rolex (Everything Swiss is.......Sweet!). I can remember during the transistor radio days that a lot of US consumers called Japanese electrics/electronics cheap junk. Enter Sony.

Now the REAL important question!?!? How did this thread go from 20cc gas conversion to Hi Fi and watches?:oblong:. :laughing:

BalsaDust

Not to be off topic but did you know that a lot of US consumer electronics (80%) are made in China? (Duh!) The positive side is that semi conductors, processor chips, SMT components designed in our own silicon valley are used in these electronics. And of course the Piezo circuit ( invented by the French) is now incorporated in to hard ceramics forming these neat little gyros and accelerators for flight controls. I was heavy in to audiophile equipment during my military days and discovered some of the best equipment was actually made in China way back then! Now this was not Esoteric stuff like "Mark Levinson" "Crown" "Dahlquest" "Nakamichi" and the hand full of others that existed back then. But familiar names like "Marantz" "Pioneer" "Adcom" and even "Carver".
Granted I've seen some real crap RC electronics come from there recently but I have to say that the stuff I have had lately is proving decent and it has the Turnigy name on it (Hextronics Ltd). Think how many watch manufacturers mimicked Rolex (Omega, Tag Huer, Bullova to name a few) but took a beating trying to become established. Never saw any one try and mimic Timex. And Seiko (Japan) watches where pretty darn hard to beat if the poor GI had not the loot for the Rolex (Everything Swiss is.......Sweet!). I can remember during the transistor radio days that a lot of US consumers called Japanese electrics/electronics cheap junk. Enter Sony.

Now the REAL important question!?!? How did this thread go from 20cc gas conversion to Hi Fi and watches?:oblong:. :laughing:

Reads like spam to me. Maybe I should envoke my mod privileges here. LOL