Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! ESC wire length to batteries

Discussion in 'General Discussion - Electrics' started by Snoopy1, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The question is how long can the wires be from the battery to the ESC, and how long can the wires be from the ESC to the motor. What are the consequences if making wires to long or longer and by how much. I do know the longer the wires are from the battery to the ESC has an impact on the life of the capacitors in the ESC but by how much.
    Which is better to extend from the battery to the Esc or from the Esc to the motor.
    Also know that there are special cap packs available that can be installed at the Esc on the battery side. Read about it but do not know of any one that has installed it and the results.

2. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Great question. Sorry I don’t have any input, but am curious to know the answer.
    All of my electric planes are small enough that wire lengths have never been a factor.
    Always stayed with the manufacturers’ lengths.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I found a very good article on the subject still reading through it and learning what not to do and how to work my way around the problem.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    WMcNabb likes this.
  4. AKNick

AKNick 640cc Uber Pimp

Alaska
    Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Yes I stumbled on that cap pack, be interested to see if you are going to use it.
    Well after many days of reading all kinds of articles and info from everywhere and around the world, I have come to one conclusion extend the wires from the motor to the esc. It does not matter how long you make them no harm. (With in reason).

-Rick- and pawnshopmike like this.
  6. Good to know, I am putting a e-glider together and might have to move things around to get CG.

Snoopy1 likes this.