• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

HobbyStar LiPo packs?

N99JH

New to GSN!
I need a large capacity 10S pack for a YA P-47 project that I am electrifying and consider buying a 7200 mAh 6S and 4S. Trying to find customers comments on HobbyStar I came out with very little and not very complimentary data.

Is anyone on this website using them? How do you like them?

Thanks

Josh

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I need a large capacity 10S pack for a YA P-47 project that I am electrifying and consider buying a 7200 mAh 6S and 4S. Trying to find customers comments on HobbyStar I came out with very little and not very complimentary data.

Is anyone on this website using them? How do you like them?

Thanks

Josh
I'd go with two 5s packs from www.rcbattery.com I've been using their batteries for a couple years now. Great packs and you can't beat their prices.

N99JH

New to GSN!
Thanks for the advice. Problem is that their 5S only go up to 5000 mAh while I need at least 7000 mAh. Their 4S go 7000, 8000 while the 6S go 8100 mAh so no possible 2 packs inseries there.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Thanks for the advice. Problem is that their 5S only go up to 5000 mAh while I need at least 7000 mAh. Their 4S go 7000, 8000 while the 6S go 8100 mAh so no possible 2 packs inseries there.
I've had good luck with the Zippy Compacts from Hobby King. But their 5s 8000's are currently out of stock.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hobby Star did not like them. Rc battery been using them for the past season looking good so far and as pawnshop said cannot beat the price. My best battery up to now is Graphene from hobbyking.