• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hobbywing Platinum HV 160A ESC

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Agreed, not sure I said all things made in China are bad, far from it. If it's a well known brand they can't afford to have poor quality stuff coming to the market. There is a lot of great stuff made in China, as you said EF aircraft, aren't iPhones made in China? Maybe your response had something to do with me saying Jeti stuff is not made in China and is more expensive because of it. But I think on the whole Chinese hobby electronics can cut corners for cost savings without the customer being wise to it. Not saying they all do but I'm pretty sure it happens. Personally, I am more comfortable with Jeti ESC's that are assembled in Europe, I might be a moron for thinking that, but that's how I feel. An ESC is pretty important especially when using the onboard BEC, it gives me peace of mind.....

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
All great stuff and yes for the most part I would feel more comfortable with an Italian, German, French etc... made product over a Chinese product because China does not seem to have pride in the product they produce. The quality of the product they produce is dependent on the company it's being made for... In other words China would have no problem producing a piece of crap... Stamping made in China and shipping it out where as other countries (for the most part) wouldn't dream of it!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ha ha look what I found!! Point made!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455590379.764088.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455590394.765635.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
Lol Mike!! Too funny!!!
Yes [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] you are both correct and I have to agree with you. It is a big investment we have flying over our heads to trust sub standard parts. Unfortunately we as responsible hobbyist's need to sort through the garbage to get to the good and sometimes with some growing pains...