• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

How much longer is Horizon contracted as the JR Service Center?

bob_nj said
Thought I read somewhere awhile back that the guard was changing?
As of right now, it's business as usual and there are no changes planned to the service of JR product. The current arrangement is working well between Horizon and JRA.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
That is very good to know. I was also concerned that the separation between JR and Horizon might have a negative effect on their service. The current level of service is extremely good. I personally have attributed part of that to Horizon. They are top notch as well.

tailskid

70cc twin V2
+1 on that!  I am very impressed with their service department and their willingness to replace rather than repair a (crash) damaged servo!

Newshoundaussie

New to GSN!
Then why are they advertising for a service rep.on JR America's website if Horizon is doing service. Been pretty quite around JR America of late. Lots of action early spring with field rep. announcements then nothing much! Plus no replies from website email when I have inquired about radio order. I find this odd and concerning. Have had a deposit on a 28x since early June.

Newshoundaussie said
Then why are they advertising for a service rep.on JR America's website if Horizon is doing service. Been pretty quite around JR America of late. Lots of action early spring with field rep. announcements then nothing much! Plus no replies from website email when I have inquired about radio order. I find this odd and concerning. Have had a deposit on a 28x since early June.
Looking and hiring are two different things. Any migration period will take a long time so as not to disrupt service...there is a lot to learn about radios and JR certainly cannot hire someone from Horizon. All repairs go to Horizon, or ones that are shipped to JRA are sent to Horizon. Any change to this will be made public well ahead of time.

I apologize for the lack of response to your email. You can PM me the question, and I can contact the office to get an answer for you. I talk to them just about every day. There have been small products announced and added to the website, but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes. The big thing is the push to finish the 28X. I can't speak for the company, and I cannot divulge any timelines that I've been made aware of, but suffice to say, the end is nearing and we will be seeing radios soon. They have been flying them for a while in Japan, debugging them and testing, and the director of the heli division competed in the Japanese F3C national championships with a 28X recently.

Remember, JRA are a small company. I am always available to answer questions, and their sales representative, Chris, is very knowledgeable and only a phone call away.

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
I'd have to imagine anyone good at fixing RC in that area is either employed by Horizon or Hobbico and probably had to sign a non-compete that would keep them out of a job in the industry for a year or two before they could jump ship.

BarracudaHockey said
I'd have to imagine anyone good at fixing RC in that area is either employed by Horizon or Hobbico and probably had to sign a non-compete that would keep them out of a job in the industry for a year or two before they could jump ship.
Standard is 18 months. I was employed at Horizon for three years in product development.