• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Modeling Clay To Balance Models... WTF???

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
ok so heres the scoop

my friend Casper has a plane (h9 1/4 cub) that he bought at an estate auction. Got a good price on it.

We flew it a few times at an event. it was a nice scale flying setup.

well he took it up and didnt have enough ground speed after takeoff, and he stalled and snapped the fulelage apart and tore the wing off. wing is fine and i repaired the fuse for him. No big deal.

Now the funny as hell part comes:

Take a look at the pics. this crap has to go bye bye. Any suggestions for loosening this fecal material? it is stuck on good but buy god i cant let it leave my home looking like this!

End Rant

Attachments

• 20150103_125107.jpg
    20150103_125107.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 20150103_125132.jpg
    20150103_125132.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 305

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
You are right on with heat.

It was hard as a rock. The clay I mean talking bout. I just used heat gun and made it start to liquify.

There was an ounce under each stab!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
COOL! pun intended! Cub looks good brother. Had my share of the big cubs. Great flyers.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Thats an " old school" technique ive seen on glo models.. but usualy inside the cowl, that just looks flat wrong, geez.
Love me a Cub though !