• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motocalc, anyone using it anymore?

Nutball

30cc
Never heard of it until now. I use http://personal.osi.hu/fuzesisz/strc_eng/ and based on experience and some real tests I can get very accurate results, otherwise it generally gives a vague idea. The one thing I don't like is how it bases estimate thrust completely on diameter, pitch makes no thrust difference, so you have to adjust the effectiveness coefficient to match the pitch, surface area and other brand/size specifics.

I've found the large aerostar props which resemble xoar props have a cf number around .85-.9 at around 5000rpm, keeping the temp at 86 degrees, JC props can run high around 1.1-1.4 depending on pitch in the larger sizes, and most other props are around .95-1.1. These numbers are based on the power used not thrust. According to it gas engines tuned right tend to run very close to their HP rating even at 2000rpm lower than the rating rpm