• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Non-Traditional Composite Materials and Techniques

graduallycow

New to GSN!
Thought I'd start a thread for us all to discuss any non-traditional composite materials we've been working on. With the price of Kevlar and carbon fiber being as high as it is, I think experimenting with other materials to be a worthy pursuit.

I've had a few miscalculations in my experiments causing me to become the laughing stock of my field, but through persistence I think I've finally settled a few techniques which cut through the air like a knife through butter.

I always herd the smaller you make individual pieces of a building material the stroonger it is. Soo I started experimenting with weaving the smallest pieces of hay I could find moo into a 2x2 Twill I'd estimate is about .0005k. Moo this has prooved extremely strong and durable in coombination with West Systems Epoxy. It sands well and moo also drapes very easily moo over cooumpound curves moo.

I moo built a mooo clay based Extra 330lx moould using local moo clay and a moo very inexpensive mooo dairy based mooo moo release. Mooo there's been a moo bull market mooo on Kevlar moo and the mooo prices have mooo just gootten mooo outragioous moooo, this hay/dairy mooo composite mooo moooo mooo system mooo can moooo mooo deliver cooomparable moooo results moooo at far less moooo coooost mooooo.

Moooo mooo mooo Kevlar mooo moooo mooo moo mooo dairy mooo moooo mooo cream mooo mooo. Mooo moo mooo moooo moo mooo.