• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Planebender Products Welcomes you!

The actual exhaust sound level is the same or less than the Canister. But the system makes so much more power that if the same prop is being used the sound level is much higher. I always say : " Use your new power to turn a higher load prop at a slightly higher rpm" you will enjoy a bunch more thrust without breaking the sound barrier. Lol

Do you already have your powerplant?

Planebender

Twister

70cc twin V2
Planebender;16083 wrote: The actual exhaust sound level is the same or less than the Canister. But the system makes so much more power that if the same prop is being used the sound level is much higher. I always say : " Use your new power to turn a higher load prop at a slightly higher rpm" you will enjoy a bunch more thrust without breaking the sound barrier. Lol

Do you already have your powerplant?

Planebender

Thanks for the reply. No I don't have it yet I need to save up some more funds. But I will be getting the gp123 smooth pipes and a Biella 29X10

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Dave do you have anything in the works for the VVRC40 twin? What a target rich market for you. Needs a 2 into 1 header though and a medium canister. This is a noisy motor with folks having problems at fields with noise.

Oh Yeah! This is not a problem at all. The user has 4 different choices from us.

1. 2 into 1 header with a single Medium Pro Flow 3D Canister.

2. 2 into 1 header with a single Medium Pro Flow Smooth pipe.

3. Twin headers with (2) Pro Flow "Baby" 3D Canisters.

4. Twin headers with (2) of our 20-25CC Pro Flow Smooth Pipes.

Any of the 4 Choices will Rock on this little powerhouse engine. It comes down to how much room the users plane has provided for the exhaust.

Dave

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Planebender;17008 wrote: Oh Yeah! This is not a problem at all. The user has 4 different choices from us.

1. 2 into 1 header with a single Medium Pro Flow 3D Canister.

2. 2 into 1 header with a single Medium Pro Flow Smooth pipe.

3. Twin headers with (2) Pro Flow "Baby" 3D Canisters.

4. Twin headers with (2) of our 20-25CC Pro Flow Smooth Pipes.

Any if the 4 Choices will Rock on this little powerhouse engine. It comes down to hiw much room the users plane has provided for the exhaust.

Dave
Do you have the header needed? VV has one coming out but it kind of concerns me because it is a U design with the single feed coming off perpendicular to the U in the center. So the gases collide at the single pipe transition head on. Maybe I am thinking this out wrong but a Y feed seems much better. No room btw for twin pipes.

Thanks

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
HI Dave.

Your baby canister let my YS175 outperform itself over the Hatori with a 19x8 Mejzlik by 300 rpm. Same great sound! And of course all my big gassers have the pro flow cans. Great products!.

Last edited:

njswede

150cc
Hey, Mr Planebender!

Here's something for you: I'm a relative noob when it comes to giant scale and here's my challenge: I have a DLE120 on a 3DHS 104" Slick. Great setup. But one of my clubs has very strict noise requirements. Anything above 80cc has to have cans and there's a hard 90dB noise limit. So my question is a simple one: How can I make my plane "legal" without robbing performance or my wallet?