• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Smoky Hill Model Flying Club Hosts The 1st Annual NATS Warm-up for IMAC

thurmma

150cc
Smoky Hill Model Flying Club is hosting the first annual NATS Warm-up This is a great opportunity and site to prepare for NATS! It is also a great opportunity for new IMAC pilots to take advantage of experienced pilots and get involved with IMAC.

This event is open to all IMAC members and non-members as well.

Competition is offered for all classes plus Freestyle. Keep in mind that if you compete in Freestyle, you must compete in another class as well.

$35 for members $40 for non-members.

$10 for First Time Basic Pilots.

Field will be open Friday for Practice.

Primitive Camping is allowed on site and lunch is provided on Saturday.

Link for more info and to register: http://www.mini-iac.org/Event-Details/PID/424

Directions to the field:

From the South get on I-135 and head north to Salina.

Take Schilling Rd. exit and go East about 2 miles and the field is toward the south.

From the North from I-70, go to I-135 and head south.

Take Schilling Rd. exit and go East about 2 miles and the field is toward the south.

Address for the Field:

2068 E Schilling Rd
Salina, KS 67401

GPS Coordinates to the Field:

N 38.780659° W -94.579459°

Places to Stay:

Hampton Inn Salina
401 W Schilling Rd, Salina, KS 67401
(785) 823-9800

Courtyard by Marriott Salina
3020 Riffel Dr, Salina, KS 67401
(785) 309-1300

Super 8 Salina
705 W Schilling Rd, Salina, KS 67401
(785) 404-2771

As Per Rule 4.3 There shall be no airborne devices fitted to the aircraft which place the aircraft under less than total control by the pilot. These devices will include, but are not limited to, gyros, automatic pilots, electronic stabilization, and timing devices. Non-airborne aids such as transmitter based functions are permissible.
Pilots found to be using prohibited devices will be disqualified from the contest

SmokeyHillsNATSWarmupFlyer.jpg