• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The Rolling Harrier

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tanner,
Would you agree that being rhythmic about it is an ok strategy for people that aren't flying as much? I know what you're saying though, sometimes when I'm flying more frequently my brain just starts doing things without me having to think about it and it all seems a lot more natural.

The rhythm has worked for me for years so yes it's a good way to start to learn how to do it. But when you're letting a set of parameters control your airplane, there's only so much you will be able to do before other outside elements can mess with it. Eventually you'll learn how to modify your rhythm, and if you fly enough, you'll eventually realize that the rhythm has its limitations.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The rhythm has worked for me for years so yes it's a good way to start to learn how to do it. But when you're letting a set of parameters control your airplane, there's only so much you will be able to do before other outside elements can mess with it. Eventually you'll learn how to modify your rhythm, and if you fly enough, you'll eventually realize that the rhythm has its limitations.
Very true.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The rhythm method is great for those who can dance. I got two left feet therefore two left thumbs :confused??:. Been working on my rhythm over timing though and it seems to be helping me. I still suck at rolling and only attempt it 5 mistakes high because I make 5 mistakes while attempting rolling high alpha maneuvers.
1. Stay too tense
2. Loose concentration
3. PANIC
4. Over control
5. Get frustrated

So then it's off to the cheeseburger joint :face-palm:.