• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 1/3 Scale Extra 330L Build.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Coming along nicely Snoop's but I swear I heard someone call me "CHEAP" in here :lol2:.
Yes thanks a lot better than the first one. Just have to keep on it and it should be done soon. Then a can focus on the ailerons looking forward to that because it is something that I have never done. Making a set of ailerons out of foam. And with all the help I am getting is making it a lot easier.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well coming along nicely got all the sheeting on just have to do the end caps and the bevel for the aileron. Will do that tomorrow and some finishing sanding. Almost forgot the leading edge.

1202DC49-CDA9-474E-8093-17EAA367A5D0.jpeg
9765F39A-5910-41E1-88F4-EB5F6B858684.jpeg
CFF0ECE2-C9F9-4B81-80D4-6E7734829F4F.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Still working on the wing it always takes longer than you think or hope it will take, but it will be done today. Then it is on to the styrofoam ailerons. Thinking about the horns and the hard spots for the ailerons.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Still working on the wing it always takes longer than you think or hope it will take, but it will be done today. Then it is on to the styrofoam ailerons. Thinking about the horns and the hard spots for the ailerons.

What type of horn do you plan to use? I really liked those that @Pistolera was using on his Extra.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok both wings are done just need to hinged and that will be done once the ailerons are built. But guess “what”put the two wings together on the supplied wing tube, wings slipped all the way down the tube and touched to two wings so at that I realized that the supplied wing tube is to short, because the fuselage still has to fit in between the two wings. So after doing some checking I cam to the realization that the wing tube is 6 1/2 short not happy.